FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   The Penalty Box (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1200295-penalty-box.html)

SFOTerry Jun 15, 2011 6:44 pm

Are you talking about this?

cheepneezy Jun 15, 2011 6:49 pm

Did someone say wine?:D:cool:

Mackieman Jun 15, 2011 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by monitor (Post 16568468)
And the indications that some of it may have rubbed off on Mackieman. I understand that he is contemplating bringing some wine to the Mini-Do in Houston month after next. ^

I hope that he stops at Spec's for some good stuff although he did see where to get some very decent bottles at a very big Kroger down there. :)

I will stop at Spec's, but I imagine my selections will not be nearly the caliber of yours. The upside is that they're both cheap and tasty. :)

Trustguy Jun 15, 2011 8:19 pm

Hello new old new Box.

carsonheim Jun 15, 2011 8:25 pm

howdy ClassicBox. ^ :D

monitor Jun 15, 2011 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by Mackieman (Post 16568666)
I will stop at Spec's, but I imagine my selections will not be nearly the caliber of yours. The upside is that they're both cheap and tasty. :)

This is the easiest time that I can remember to find wines that are cheap and tasty. There has been a tremendous overproduction in the world and the supply of good wine at a good price is very high. I would wager that the wines you are bringing to that dinner will satisfy.

IMO the best values are found when you look for stuff from places that are not popular since they are relative newcomers to the international markets or in the old days they did not produce wines that were very good but have now improved to the point where they rival the best. You can get a marvelous white from Argentina or Austria for $10-12. Very good South American, New Zealand, and South African reds frequently come in at that price point. And from time to time you can even find some good stuff form those places in the $7-9 range.

You really need to be careful when you spend much more than that on any bottle and be prepared for the occasional disappointment. The disappointment does not hurt as much at $10 as it does at $50. :)

GTITAN Jun 16, 2011 5:26 am

Good Morning Classic B:rolleyes:x III. Returning you to your rightful place!

SFOTerry Jun 16, 2011 7:58 am

Happy BBQ Thursday!

Starwood Lurker Jun 16, 2011 3:57 pm

poasty poast

sbm12 Jun 16, 2011 7:13 pm

Visited Boylan's tonight. They may be known for their sodas outside of Raleigh but they're known for their beers at the brew pub. And there's a good reason for that...effing delicious.

SFOTerry Jun 17, 2011 6:27 am

'morning B:rolleyes:x!

Starwood Lurker Jun 17, 2011 12:54 pm

untimely poasty poast

jackal Jun 17, 2011 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker (Post 16579302)
untimely

Indeed. I was sleeping. :D

photog72 Jun 17, 2011 11:01 pm

Good night 'box. Looks like UACO - the UA part is having issues w/ da .bomb.

snod08 Jun 18, 2011 5:51 am

Hello from MAA classic B:rolleyes:x