FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   The Penalty Box (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1200295-penalty-box.html)

N965VJ Jun 18, 2011 10:37 am

Unfortunate 80s fashion

and

Poo

in one handy FT thread. :eek::D

mnmag Jun 18, 2011 10:42 am

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker (Post 16579302)
untimely poasty poast

Saw that you 'came to the rescue' in the 'flower' thread over there in SPG-land!:D

N1120A Jun 18, 2011 1:33 pm

The official song of The Penalty Box should be "The Penalty Box" by Dave Schultz. :D

photog72 Jun 18, 2011 3:41 pm

Good afternoon, 'Box. Looks like Red Oak, TX (about 20 miles south of Dallas) is dealing with nasty brush/forest fires. At least one home has caught on fire.

snod08 Jun 18, 2011 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by N965VJ (Post 16583748)
Unfortunate 80s fashion

and

Poo

in one handy FT thread. :eek::D

LOL....interesting.

ande777emt Jun 18, 2011 11:13 pm

It's been awhile FT box.

paranoiatx Jun 19, 2011 2:19 am

Greetings from sunny IST!

That is all.

paranoiatx Jun 19, 2011 2:40 am

Originally Posted by photog72 (Post 16581909)
Good night 'box. Looks like UACO - the UA part is having issues w/ da .bomb.

I don't think that was the only thing broken. My AUS-ORD flight Sat morning was delayed and had a gate change. And not a single system (that we can get to) at UA knew about this. Nor did any display in AUS for that matter.

Mackieman Jun 19, 2011 6:44 am

Originally Posted by paranoiatx (Post 16586893)
I don't think that was the only thing broken. My AUS-ORD flight Sat morning was delayed and had a gate change. And not a single system (that we can get to) at UA knew about this. Nor did any display in AUS for that matter.

My AUS-DEN segment was canceled due to lack of equipment. I got invol'd over to AA and transited DFW where I enjoyed a three hour MX delAAy. Fun travel day. :rolleyes:

sbm12 Jun 19, 2011 7:14 am

Originally Posted by paranoiatx (Post 16586861)
Greetings from sunny IST!

That is all.

One of my favorite cities in the world. I'm jealous. :cool:

seacarl Jun 19, 2011 8:01 am

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 16587495)

Never been to IST, but have a trip there this fall. How many days should I plan for a first time visit? (I need to rebook one segment due to schedule change anyway) Best hotel? (My best status is at Starwood and Hilton). Top things to see or do you have a trip report?

jackal Jun 19, 2011 8:39 am

Originally Posted by seacarl (Post 16587648)
Never been to IST, but have a trip there this fall. How many days should I plan for a first time visit? (I need to rebook one segment due to schedule change anyway) Best hotel? (My best status is at Starwood and Hilton). Top things to see or do you have a trip report?

Whatever you do, don't stay where I did (some unnamed, unaffiliated property on a back street that was in like a Lonely Planet or something), and make sure that whatever place you do stay doesn't--like where I stayed--turn off the air conditioning at night.

Nothing like waking up in a pool of sweat and calling downstairs only to have them assure you they were "fixing" the air conditioning. Wasn't until the third call on the second night that they admitted they turn the a/c off at night to save money. :eek:

paranoiatx Jun 19, 2011 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 16587495)

Tips on late-night drinking spots? I'm staying in the Taksim area, which is where the nightlife is supposed to be.

sbm12 Jun 19, 2011 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by paranoiatx (Post 16588859)
Tips on late-night drinking spots? I'm staying in the Taksim area, which is where the nightlife is supposed to be.

We didn't go out drinking much so I don't really know. Sorry.

We stayed at the Hilton on points and had a great upgrade. The lounge is quite impressive, with floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the river. Pus it is convenient to the metro (5 minute walk or so).

We spent 2 or 3 nights there and that was plenty to get the highlights. We also spent 5 nights in the Cappadocia area and LOVED it. Just amazing.

I didn't write up a particularly comprehensive trip report but what I have from the region is here: http://boardingarea.com/blogs/thewan...an/tag/Turkey/.

Flyer_70 Jun 20, 2011 6:19 am

Hi Box.