FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   The Penalty Box (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1200295-penalty-box.html)

notabob Apr 28, 11 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by jrzyshawn (Post 16297325)
Well this took some searching to find this thread.

What a crazy day today box. I am glad I am home now.

Welcome h:rolleyes:me!

notabob Apr 28, 11 8:35 pm

Is it just me, or does the Pac. Gauge thread need to be put out of its misery? It just keeps going in circles. Enough beating what's left of the horse pulp, already...

GTITAN Apr 28, 11 9:22 pm

Dear Revenue Management Lurker Spirit:

US, DL, AA and all da rest are under $280 a/i for a trip to CHI in May from CLT. UA-CO is over $500 a/i. Please give in and drop teh price. Don't want youz to lose buzinezzez to teh competition. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Gtitan

snod08 Apr 29, 11 6:18 am

E

Originally Posted by GTITAN (Post 16298623)
Dear Revenue Management Lurker Spirit:

US, DL, AA and all da rest are under $280 a/i for a trip to CHI in May from CLT. UA-CO is over $500 a/i. Please give in and drop teh price. Don't want youz to lose buzinezzez to teh competition. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Gtitan

This has been a problem.

The otter AAirline is cheaper for some places I want to go from PHL.

GOOD morning B:rolleyes:x.

Thank goodness The R:rolleyes:yal wedding is over.

We can now get back to The weather forecast on TV.

Phudnik Apr 29, 11 6:36 am

Originally Posted by notabob (Post 16298434)
Is it just me, or does the Pac. Gauge thread need to be put out of its misery? It just keeps going in circles. Enough beating what's left of the horse pulp, already...

I glanced at it this morning. I am now going to hit myself in the head with a hammer for fun.

Originally Posted by snod08 (Post 16299880)
E

This has been a problem.

The otter AAirline is cheaper for some places I want to go from PHL.

That AAirline is cutting service from PHL even faster than UA is. Unless you're flying to or through DFW, I'm surprised it would even work. I had to fly to and from MIA on US last month because AA's timing didn't work for a business visit. Flying international on AA out of PHL is a challenge, too; they don't even run an ERJ to JFK.

sbm12 Apr 29, 11 8:23 am

Originally Posted by paranoiatx (Post 16298332)
Interesting. I have a 23hr 40min "connection" in FRA, coming from IST and onward to DXB. I'll use all the same airport services you will, but almost free. :)

The 45 one is missing as predicted, so is the security tax and my passenger service charge is also much lower. So ~$118 vs ~$24. Quite a difference. Maybe the CO agent messed mine up?

Nope...not messed up at all. That's just the way the taxes work. Yours is considered a connection still and so the rules are different. On the plus side, I talked to some folks last night and hopefully I'll be able to fix my other ticket and make this a non-issue.

Originally Posted by notabob (Post 16298434)

I'm having fun there, though I'm certainly not normal. ;)

zippypinhead Apr 29, 11 9:08 am

E

GOOD morning B:rolleyes:x.

Teh wife got up late this morning. (day off)
I told her that Kate backed out.:D
I think there was smoke on the carpet from where she ran to grab the remote.
Strangely, she was not amused.:rolleyes:

snod08 Apr 29, 11 9:23 am

Originally Posted by Phudnik (Post 16299921)
I glanced at it this morning. I am now going to hit myself in the head with a hammer for fun.

That AAirline is cutting service from PHL even faster than UA is. Unless you're flying to or through DFW, I'm surprised it would even work. I had to fly to and from MIA on US last month because AA's timing didn't work for a business visit. Flying international on AA out of PHL is a challenge, too; they don't even run an ERJ to JFK.

I stopped reading several threads because everything is getting beaten down over and over....

@Phudnik, thanks for pointing out AAirline schedules. I didnt realize that. Yes, those cheaper fares do route through DFW. I dont get very excited.

In other news....
BOOO...Car broke down right as I was getting to drive out of the house.:eek:

Sounds like the brakes are shot. Came up suddenly. it ran fine last night. Hope its not something else too major.

Towed car to shop.

Originally Posted by zippypinhead (Post 16300427)
Teh wife got up late this morning. (day off)
I told her that Kate backed out.:D
I think there was smoke on the carpet from where she ran to grab the remote.
Strangely, she was not amused.:rolleyes:

This is simply too funny...

I was talking to my mom this morning (in India), and she did really listen to anything i said. She simply kept describing what she was seeing on TV with the wedding stuff.
It was so funny....I gave up finally and told her will talk later.

monitor Apr 29, 11 10:04 am

Originally Posted by snod08 (Post 16300515)
...@Phudnik, thanks for pointing out AAirline schedules. I didnt realize that. Yes, those cheaper fares do route through DFW. I dont get very excited.

I will need to go to DFW this summer and unfortunately they have the only nonstops from South Florida where I will be starting out on that trip.

Even if I can go from NYC, they are half the price of anyone else on that route.

notabob Apr 29, 11 10:27 am

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 16300237)

I'm having fun there, though I'm certainly not normal. ;)

I managed to make it semi-readable by growing my Ignore list. :D

canadian_golf_guy Apr 29, 11 10:30 am

Originally Posted by notabob (Post 16300825)
I managed to make it semi-readable by growing my Ignore list.

I haven't looked at it since it was on about page 2, and I just took a quick look. I think I will just ignore the whole thread from now on. It has really devolved in there.

Also, m:rolleyes:rnin' to teh box!

photog72 Apr 29, 11 5:02 pm

Need to keep the 'Box on the 1st page. I have had a headache the whole day. Ibuprofen is not working. :mad: I might have to take Hydrocodone... legally prescribed from a previous surgery.

Rounds 2 and 3 of the draft are starting now.

Sorilla Apr 29, 11 5:50 pm

E

Ahahahahahahaaa^^^

snod08 Apr 29, 11 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by photog72 (Post 16302669)
Need to keep the 'Box on the 1st page. I have had a headache the whole day. Ibuprofen is not working. :mad: I might have to take Hydrocodone... legally prescribed from a previous surgery.

Rounds 2 and 3 of the draft are starting now.

Any luck with the DCA move?

Pa Kettle Apr 29, 11 6:28 pm

Dang, will beer-thirty never get here?!? :mad: