FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   The Penalty Box (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1200295-penalty-box.html)

colpuck Jun 11, 2011 12:50 pm

http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/...no-pics.12595/

bmg42000 Jun 11, 2011 6:12 pm

Good evening box classic

Time to bring you to the top of the first page.

snod08 Jun 11, 2011 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by bmg42000 (Post 16544819)
Time to bring you to the top of the first page.

^

Quiet evening here. Watching a movie on DVD.

jlemon Jun 11, 2011 7:42 pm

A beautiful but somewhat noisy evening here.....

A thunderstorm rolled in just before sundown with lots of magnificent lightning & thunder and very welcome rain.

We've been having a drought here (which is worse over in Houston) and the rainfall was very beneficial for our lawn and gardens.

We sat outside under the awning on our back deck with a bottle of 2001 Foxen Syrah from Santa Barbara county and toasted the precip! :cool:

sbm12 Jun 11, 2011 8:19 pm

More deck work performed today. This is shaping up to be quite the stellar little project. :D

I'm still horribly sore, but it is worth it for the deck.

jlemon Jun 11, 2011 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 16545193)
More deck work performed today. This is shaping up to be quite the stellar little project. :D

I'm still horribly sore, but it is worth it for the deck.

Seth, it is worth it. I constructed ours as well.

And when you get through with it, please let me know.

I'll send a bottle of prime Adelaida Paso Robles Cab your way....

(Got a few bottles left - I used to live out there in SLO county)......

Cheers! :cool:

jackal Jun 11, 2011 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by jlemon (Post 16545600)
I'll send a bottle of prime Adelaida Paso Robles Cab your way....

(Got a few bottles left - I used to live out there in SLO county)......

Cheers! :cool:

Born in SLO and grew up in Templeton--five miles south of Paso. I could have walked to a bunch of wineries, but I was not yet 21 when I left. As such, I've actually never done any wine tasting in my hometown area. It's on my bucket list...

jlemon Jun 11, 2011 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by jackal (Post 16545627)
Born in SLO and grew up in Templeton--five miles south of Paso. I could have walked to a bunch of wineries, but I was not yet 21 when I left. As such, I've actually never done any wine tasting in my hometown area. It's on my bucket list...

I lived in Shell Beach for many years in SLO county - about 75 yards from the Pacific Ocean. Rented the top part of a great old house and purchased a used Porsche 944 from my neighbors (they bought the car new when SLO town still had a Porsche dealer - this dealership is now down in SBA these days). In the winter months, I never had insomnia: I could hear the surf breaking in a my bedroom.....and I owned a short triple fin surfboard as well (and also a wetsuit - the Pacific is quite cold year round that far north on the CA coast).....

This was back in the late 70's. The wine industry was just getting on it's feet in northern SLO county (Templeton and Paso), as well as in the Edna Valley and Arroyo Grande, having been overshadowed by events further north (Napa & Sonoma).

My my, how things have changed in little SLO county! I'm a California native of this area, too, and stand ready to assist anyone who would like to visit! Excellent wine can be had at Justin, Adelaida, Eberle, Tobin James, Caparone and many. many others.....

Hint: The Ventana Inn in Big Sur should not be missed! I've been going there since "them boys" opened! Just bring lots of money! :cool:

snod08 Jun 12, 2011 3:48 am

Good morning B:rolleyes:x.

I cant believe this is my 4:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: th post.

Have a nice sunday all!

jackal Jun 12, 2011 9:58 am

Ah, how I miss my ol' Pass O'Rubbles*... ;)

(*No non-hispanohablante local would be caught dead pronouncing it any other way...) :p

GTITAN Jun 12, 2011 2:22 pm

Howdy Classic B:rolleyes:x III. May teh blessing of free beer and bacon wash over each of us like summer rain!:-:

GTITAN Jun 12, 2011 8:29 pm

Howdy Classic B:rolleyes:x III.:-:

El_Chiflero Jun 12, 2011 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 16542395)
Turns out that NRT-EWR has R inventory available and I have a SWU left. That was probably the deciding factor. Plus I get HNL-HND on ANA, a new line, dot and airline all at once. :cool:

I'll be traveling more than I'll actually be in Tokyo. :eek:

No partying in Roppongi? ;)

snod08 Jun 13, 2011 3:36 am

Good early morning classic B:rolleyes:x

GTITAN Jun 13, 2011 9:20 am

Howdy Classic B:rolleyes:x III. Hope folks are enjoying the day!