Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated FRA connection time/logistics-Domestic & International

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated FRA connection time/logistics-Domestic & International

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2011, 6:26 am

Inbound to Frankfurt on united 1st class

Arriving on united first into Frankfurt connecting to Paris this Saturday, is there any arrival lounges for united first class passengers in Frankfurt?
Old Dec 22, 2011, 6:42 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
UA arriving FC passenger can use the LH Welcome Lounge in Terminal 1 Arriving Area B.

Note (2) The following passengers may also access the Lufthansa Welcome Lounge at Frankfurt Airport:
- Passengers of United Airlines (First and Business Class and Global Services cardholders) and Continental Airlines (Business Class) arriving in Frankfurt

Also, note last admission of the lounge is 12:30 pm.

Last edited by CAPT Tee; Dec 22, 2011 at 6:51 am
Old Dec 22, 2011, 7:15 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Search is your friend http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...RA+connections
Old Feb 12, 2012, 9:31 am

Programs: Continental
UA connecting at FRA to LH

Flying from SFO-FRA in bus class then connection to a Lufthansa flight to Rome in coach.
LH says no seat assignments until check-in.
Do I get my LH boarding passes when I check-in at SFO for my UA flight?
Or do I have to find the LH check-in desk upon arrival at FRA.

I did this once before EWR-FRA-FCO on CO in BF, last time I already had the boarding passes before I arrived in FRA.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 10:28 am

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by hockey7711
Not always get a BP at SFO for LH connection flight for various reasons. You can get your BP at the transfer desk once you are at the terminal or stop by a lounge. Do have your itinerary with you to make things easier before you get your BP.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 10:41 am

I remember there is a long walk and a secondary security (really nasty woman working there) to go through before getting to the LH gates. I assume that I need to visit the transfer desk prior to that security checkpoint?
Old Feb 12, 2012, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wendySFO
You can get your BP at the transfer desk once you are at the terminal or stop by a lounge.
Lounge makes for better experience.

I assume that I need to visit the transfer desk prior to that security checkpoint?
I always get my BP beforehand, best at the lounge, where staff tends to be more courteous and shorter process than the xfer desk. If they're busy lounge staff is working on it while you can enjoy a drink.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 1:41 pm

I remember there is a long walk and a secondary security (really nasty woman working there) to go through before getting to the LH gates. I assume that I need to visit the transfer desk prior to that security checkpoint?
That's when I need my itinerary, have never run into problem.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA *Gold (1 MM)

I did this once before EWR-FRA-FCO on CO in BF, last time I already had the boarding passes before I arrived in FRA.
I had same itinerary two months ago in economy. Got my flimsy paper LH boarding pass in SFO. UA 747 happened to arrive at a gate, not a remote hard stand (luck of the draw), walked through passport control to LH lounge near gate A 26. Lounge was, as usual, crowded on a Sunday morning. No need for me to interact with any lounge staff since I already had my BP.

Walked to FCO gate and used optical scanner on my UA-issued BP to self-board the flight, with no interaction with LH gate staff. Flight had a remarkably light load (perhaps 20%?) so seat assignments were superfluous. Of course, as we frequently state here, YMMV.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 8:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
AFAIR, I always have been able to get my LH connecting flight BP when checking in for my UA/US flight in the US. But usually I got a seat way in the back. I remember one time I got a seat in the very last row. When I got to FRA LH Lounge I asked for a seat change and was told no problem in fact the first half of the plane was virtually empty.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 10:56 am

Is it possible to use LH OLCI within 24hrs and choose a seat?
Old Feb 16, 2012, 11:05 am

Is it possible to use LH OLCI within 24hrs and choose a seat?
Yes I've got a seat assignment with OLCI recently, don't think I actually got BP (probably due to connecting with UA) but was able to check-in. If fly LH in C, you can get a seat assignment at booking.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 11:27 am

Thanks. I will give it a try.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 2:34 am

Programs: UA Gold
FRA connection time

I'm going to be flying SFO-FRA-MAN and the connection time in FRA has reduced to 55 minutes. Seems still to be an OK connection to me but I was wondering if anyone here has personal experience of connecting at FRA.

I'm a UK passport holder arriving on UA and departing on LH.

Thanks.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Mar 14, 2012 at 5:03 am Reason: moved into existing thread
Old Mar 14, 2012, 3:42 am

I Fly SFO-FRA regularly. You are okay if you park at a gate, but most flights in from SFO park on the apron and you have to take a shuttle into the terminal which adds 5-10 extra minutes (especially if you don't get on the first shuttle out). You will therefore be cutting it close.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.