Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ua1flyer - A "Real" Up-In-The-Air GS

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2011, 9:01 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by MadManMatt
Sounds like the right way to travel, unless you’re at *the* next level and have a little jet of your own. It’s not my business to judge – but with all due respect, if his physical presence is so valuable, the (counterintuitive) act of cutting down on his travel (or at least optimizing it) could actually yield a higher return for his company. Think about all the hours cut off from email/phone, the jet-lag taking its toll on his performance/acuity (i.e. driving tired is just as bad as driving a little drunk), etc. Hats off to him – I’m impressed - and I bow down to the value he brings to the table in front of customers/suppliers/etc but at face value, it seems like a pre-1990's way of doing business.
What is pre 90's about relaxing in Hawaii a few times a year, visiting Paris, enjoying Rome, being amazed in Dubai, adventuring in Africa,chillin in Fiji,catching up a few times a year with my best mate in Australia....It ain't all about the work! I work to live ...I don't live to work!
Old Apr 5, 2011, 9:10 pm

Programs: UA *G MM, AA G MM
Originally Posted by ua1flyer
What is pre 90's about relaxing in Hawaii a few times a year, visiting Paris, enjoying Rome, being amazed in Dubai, adventuring in Africa,chillin in Fiji,catching up a few times a year with my best mate in Australia....It ain't all about the work! I work to live ...I don't live to work!
^^
Old Apr 5, 2011, 9:16 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by cl.lurker
^^
a thank you to you and eightblack for the kind words.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 9:19 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Congrats on your pending milestone!
Old Apr 5, 2011, 11:33 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
^^^
Old Apr 6, 2011, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
On the way home from Australia today. I will be passing 9.8 million. 200, 000 to go!
Thanks for keeping us posted. I think if the 10M'th mile is on a domestic flight you'll have lots of FTers to help you celebrate, especially if it is on a 757 or larger capacity. Do make sure to tell President Smisek when he greets you on, during, or after that flight that you'll be more likely to fly a 20M'th on his outfit if it has long haul international F.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 10:27 am

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott Gold
Congrats on the upcoming milestone. I will try and make it for the LAX>ORD>EWR segments of the flight. Sounds like it will be a wonderful party, and quite the accomplishment.

And after reading 19 pages of this, I would like to be the first to ask if you are hiring (only half joking...ok maybe 3/4 joking thats a lot of time away).
Old Apr 6, 2011, 10:29 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
On the way home from Australia today. I will be passing 9.8 million. 200, 000 to go!
Outstanding (and doffing my mask in awe and in honor of the upcoming event)
Old Apr 21, 2011, 10:22 am

Programs: United Premier Gold, AirBerlin Gold, Starwood Gold, Avis Preferred, CBP Global Entry
Hey Tom... congrats on your upcoming milestone. I'm inspired!
Old Apr 21, 2011, 10:38 am

Programs: UA 1.5K MM/SPG Plat/Various Random Golds lol
Amazing! Congrats and hope all your travels continue to be fun filled and uneventful. Incredible accomplishment.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 11:03 am

Programs: was UA 1K now Gold, cuz UA 1.3 MM; HA,DL,AS (no status in these), Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Brasila
I am sure it is possible...I use to compute to NYC from SFO at least once a week for years so the miles can add up.....
Compute? Furiously typing coast to coast on a lap-top <gr>?
Old Apr 21, 2011, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Brasila
I am sure it is possible...I use to compute to NYC from SFO at least once a week for years so the miles can add up.....
Even a transcon every week is only 250K miles in a year (BIS). You have to be doing ocean crossings regularly to get 300K+, at least in a any scenario I could dream up.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 12:56 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by adambadam
Even a transcon every week is only 250K miles in a year (BIS). You have to be doing ocean crossings regularly to get 300K+, at least in a any scenario I could dream up.
add a short RJ hop at one end of the transcon with 50 RTs and that will break 300K and 200 segments
(and probaby a number of misconnects )
Old Apr 21, 2011, 1:44 pm

Programs: UAL
A transcon roughly three weeks out of four will get you 150K per year. Ask me how I know.

Joe
Old May 11, 2011, 2:41 am

800k last year BIS.....Not in a hurry to break my record. On the other hand, I did pass 300k BIS this week.....and 9.85 million.....only 150k to go! Will be filming my reality show soon...all domestic...for 3 months....slowing down the travel quite a bit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.