Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LGW domestic international connection

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2008, 1:22 am
Original Poster

LGW domestic international connection

My mother-in-law needs to get to toulouse on a saturday afternoon/evening from EDI. She cant make the Jet2 direct flight as it is too early.The only way it seems possible is a 1620 out of EDI, landing at LGW and connecting for a EZY flight 55 mins later. I know that this is OK within context of minimum connection of 45 mins, but as it is a Saturday evening in sept (20th), is this domestic, international transfer feasible (She will check in online for both flights and only carry hand luggage). Also, if this is feasible, but you need to know your stuff to get through as fast as possible, any detailed directions would be most welcome.
Thanks
L
Old Jul 29, 2008, 1:58 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Welcome to FlyerTalk leonogist ,

I will move this thread to its natural home on FlyerTalk, the UK and Republic of Ireland forum. Thanks for your understanding.

Jouy31
TravelBuzz moderator
Old Jul 29, 2008, 5:54 am

Sounds to me a good way to miss your Easyjet flight especially as BA use the North Terminal and Easyjet the South. Don't think you'll be able to transfer airside, but as you won't be passing through immiration or customs BUT will have to go through Security anyway, I don't think it'll kake much difference

Don't know if she could make the FlyBe flight from Edinburgh to Bergerac @ 14:50 then make her way to Toulouse from there

You could also consider KLM via Amsterdam - there's a flight from EDN at 16:35 which connects to a Toulouse flight arriving 22:30
Old Jul 29, 2008, 7:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Gold, Flyingblue Gold, Alitalia Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
It's too tight.

Remember you're interlining two different airlines, collect bags, train, check-in
if the the 2nd flight is BA, the cut-off point is 45 mins before flight leaves. Even if everything was on time and you spent the minimum time at every stage you'll miss your connection.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 7:48 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, Avis Preferred Plus, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by subhi
collect bags, train, check-in
No, yes and no.

As the OP stated, there are no bags to collect and pax will already have a boarding pass. Even so, I have to agree that its too tight to consider, even if you're going to assume that the first flight is on time.

As well as the flight via Amsterdam that alanR mentioned, there's also the following (available on a single ticket, so you'd be protected from misconects) but they're not going to be cheap for a one-way!

GLA-CDG-BOD departing 1635
EDI-CDG-TLS departing 1730
EDI-FRA-TLS departing 1810

How important is it that she get to Toulouse on the Saturday? If they easyJet flights are cheap enough, one hybrid approach is to make two bookings: one optimistic one for Saturday, and a second backup on Sunday. Also make a cancellable hotel booking and, hey presto, your own little insurance policy.

If done this myself several times (although, admittedly, it's usually with 1 fares).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.