Oyster Cards - 10% off

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oyster Cards - 10% off

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2007, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: ALLLLLLL of them. Well, most...
Oyster Cards - 10% off

Hi all - I came across the following discount for those visiting London:

The Oyster Card is the business traveler’s best friend—it’s a smart card that automatically calculates the lowest daily fare for all the journeys you make on the Tube, buses and trams in London. And for a limited time, US members can enjoy special savings: 10% off the Oyster Card.

DISCOUNT CODE/NUMBER: BABI

http://www.visitbritaindirect.com/en...oductCode=T105

Hope you can use - enjoy!
Old Nov 28, 2007, 4:05 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
The base price of an Oyster card via the link is $25.00. IIRC, the price of an Oyster card at a tube station is £3.00. Am I missing something here?
Old Nov 28, 2007, 6:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ALLLLLLL of them. Well, most...
Originally Posted by ecaarch
The base price of an Oyster card via the link is $25.00. IIRC, the price of an Oyster card at a tube station is £3.00. Am I missing something here?
Don't know - have never used one myself. Just figured I'd share, but if there's something kinky about this deal (read: it ain't a deal), apologies...
Old Nov 28, 2007, 7:20 pm

Programs: BD*G -> BA Gold + A3*G (now dropped to BA Silver)
The oyster card in that link comes with £10 pre-loaded (i.e. just over $20). The £3 you mention is for the deposit for the card, in theory you can get that back if you return it to the ticket office.

So this £10 + deposit option would cost you £13 in the UK (obviously you only ever pay the deposit once, if card stops working you'll get free replacement). So the savings aren't huge.

UPDATE: Ah ok, that price is before the 10% discount, the base price is $22.50, still only a small saving
Old Nov 30, 2007, 10:02 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by BettyKat
Don't know - have never used one myself. Just figured I'd share, but if there's something kinky about this deal (read: it ain't a deal), apologies...
Def no need to apologize. We always appreciate that other FTers are looking out for possible deals to share. ^
Old Dec 1, 2007, 5:17 am

Ah, but look at the fixed exchange rate they're using for adding credit - find me somewhere else you can buy £50 for $76 at the moment (and that's before the 10% discount...).
Old Dec 3, 2007, 9:26 pm

Programs: UA 1.050MM, PersonalCar 0.275MM
Originally Posted by Wingnut
Ah, but look at the fixed exchange rate they're using for adding credit - find me somewhere else you can buy £50 for $76 at the moment (and that's before the 10% discount...).
My interpretation is that you would be getting a £50 Oyster card for $101 ($25 + $76) and not a £60 Oyster card. So, this Web site is effectively cheaper by the £3 deposit to buy an Oyster card from a vending machine, even before the 10% discount code is applied. Not a bad deal, but not the "£50 for $76" deal, either....
Old Dec 4, 2007, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by pshuang
My interpretation is that you would be getting a £50 Oyster card for $101 ($25 + $76) and not a £60 Oyster card.
Looking at it again, I think you're right.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.