Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gatwick-Heathrow transfer and hotel choice help

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2007, 5:46 pm

Programs: thai, virgin, emirates, priority club
Originally Posted by ExitRowOrElse
I'd forget transferring by cab. Per the London Cabs website, cab fare from LGW to Central London is 85 pounds, and from there to LHR is another 45 - 60 pounds.

I second the recommendation for the National Express Bus. Per their website, it's only 19 pounds/person for the transfer.
unless i'm mistaken, the transfer that mti mentions is by minicab via the m25, not via central london. assuming that the price is correct (i have done a similar journey to heathrow before, but from orpington, which is even further round the m25 than gatwick is, for £52), £51 for minicab against £38 for national express is pretty good value. beware that many minicab drivers do not accept credit cards.

ian.
Old Oct 1, 2007, 5:57 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
Originally Posted by mti
One thing you should definitely not do, is travel into London itself.
Strange suggestion. For a 19h layover, it is certainly possible. You say you will be tired when you come from Greece, but that's just a 4h flight. What I'd do is to get a hotel near Paddington or in South-West London on the Piccadilly Line. You should make it to the hotel by 4:30pm. So you could easily be in the West End by 6pm for a stroll and an early dinner. Back at the hotel by 9pm or 10pm depending on how you feel. Then get up at 6:30am to be at the airport at 8:00am. Much better than having nothing to do a whole afternoon and evening.

Of course, if you do not actually only come from ATH, but before ATH, there was also a SIN-ATH flight (or something like that), I'd just lay down early at LHR as well.

SmilingBoy.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 9:28 am
JAP

Location: Cork, Ireland. Aer Lingus (in the bin), BA Gold (woo hoo!), EBB Blue, HH Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Car Service REcommendations?

Does anyone have a name of a good car transfer service that they can recommend?

Arr Gatwick late Fri night and dep LHR Sat morning...

Thx.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 5:59 pm

If you want cheap, local taxi firm crawley taxis is 01293 429429
Old Jan 22, 2009, 3:40 pm
JAP

Location: Cork, Ireland. Aer Lingus (in the bin), BA Gold (woo hoo!), EBB Blue, HH Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Thanks kosky,

I actually went with 123 taxis for £59 (total) for 2 people in the end...

Regards,

John P

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.