Community
Wiki Posts
Search

London Eye

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2006, 1:39 pm

London Eye

Depending if you already have hotel reservations. The Marriott County Hall has a room package which includes breakfast and the London Eye. Price was good for our past summer trip.
Old Oct 1, 2006, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I have a better alternative: pay me a small fee and I'll let you use my name with the security guard at the V&A and Tate so you can get in for free. Works at the British Museum too! ^ ^
Oh, you are naughty!!!
Old Oct 5, 2006, 11:07 am

In the summer, book ahead!

We went at the end of May and booked ahead with a guide, it was only like a couple of dollars more than regular and it was just amazing. We arrive right at the appointed time and were taken into a waiting room where everyone in our capsule gathered, took about two minutes and then we went out and went to the front of the enormous line, hopped on straightaway and had the guide pointing our various things and taking our pictures and stuff like that. It was just splendid, the most perfect way to do it. I can't imagine having to have waiting in that line which would have taken hours. As it was it was a fantastic experience, with that sort of wait, not worth it.
Old Oct 6, 2006, 6:12 am

Programs: BA
When the London Eye first opened (year 2000) and for a few years after that you really needed reservations for it.

In recent times the demand has tailed off. I suppose many people have done it now. The queueing area on the Waterloo station side of The Eye now seems unused. There might be some busy times but even this last summer people just seemed to be walking on.

In the current rainy season it seems sensible to wait until you know if you will see anything. As I write this the rain is torrenting down again and there wouldn't be much view at all (and the cars are not fitted with windscreen wipers ! ). This is always the problem with advance reservations on this sort of attraction.

Regarding the V&A, Tate, British Museum etc all the major national museums in London are FREE, courtesy of me the UK taxpayer. There are a range of sneaky, and sometimes it seems downright dishonest, attempts to get people to part with their money for admission, ranging from making the "voluntary donations" look like admission fees, or selling tickets for special exhibitions in part of the museum (which they are allowed to do) and pretending it's all part of the admission to the main museum.
Old Oct 6, 2006, 1:39 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by WHBM
Regarding the V&A, Tate, British Museum etc all the major national museums in London are FREE, courtesy of me the UK taxpayer.
Those of us that visit London thank you for your generousity. BTW, visit DC and we Americans return the favor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.