Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Europe in 06

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2004, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

Europe in 06

I am starting to plan a trip to the winter Olympic games in 2006 - they run from Feb 10 (Friday) until Feb 26 (Sunday) 2006 in Turin Italy.

This would be my first trip outside the US, and I would like to stop in London and Paris either before or after visiting the games. The main attraction at the games I want to see is the Opening ceremonies after that all the competitions are a bonus. So I was planning on spending 2 weeks total for the trip - with 7 days in Turin.

The question now is how I should schedule the other two cities? Should I do them before the games or after? I could depart Friday Feb 3 and spend 3 days in London then go to Paris and spend 3 days there and go to Turin. The three days in London however would be a weekend (Sat/Sun/Monday) what is open/closed on the weekend is it worth it to be there such a short time?
Old Dec 20, 2004, 6:29 am

Sure it's worth being in London for 3 days. Everything should be open over a weekend. Just read ahead and decide what you're most interested in seeing. If you take the Eurostar to Paris, do that late on your third day. Get your doctor to give you a mild sleeping pill like Restoril and take it on the flight to London. You'll wake up as you're landing and be able to enjoy the first day without a lot of jet lag... hopefully.
Old Dec 20, 2004, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Check and avoid holidays(both US and country of origin)

You can have a wonderful time in 3 days.(or 6 or 9). I think you will want to avoid flying in and out of MXP. Tickets will be tough, and the flights very full. The ovenight train from Paris to/from Milan is a very good option.

Get your travel to/from Italy nailed down as soon as possible. Do not argue about price.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.