Wiki Posts
Search

Thistle Marble Arch -- Any comments

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2001, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thistle Marble Arch -- Any comments

Just found out I'm staying at the Thistle Marble Arch next. How's this hotel and the area nearby? I would appreciate any comments or experience.

Thanks.
Old Nov 9, 2001, 11:47 pm
Community Director Emerita

I can't speak to the hotel, but I lived two blocks from Marble Arch for two years in the early 90s. It's a good neighborhood, at the corner of Park Lane and Oxford Street - a major shopping street with Marks & Spencers and Selfridges. There are many bus routes that can take you from Notting Hill to Harrods to the theatre district.

Edgeware Road, just a block away, has some excellent Middle Eastern restaurants. And sightseeing busses leave from the north end of Marble Arch. It's an easy walk down Park Lane with its elegant hotels; I particularly like afternoon tea at the Dorchester Hotel.
Old Nov 10, 2001, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.