Cell Phone Advice in London

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2001, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Location: SLC, UT/ Delta - PM; Marriott - PM; Hilton - Gold; Hyatt - Diamond, Hertz - President's Circle

I posted this in Technology as well - hoping to get a reply : )

I absolutely know that there is a posting about this somewhere - I read it the other day and meant to print it out but now I can't find it
There was a great posting about the best way to buy and purchase a phone while in London - how to activate for fairly cheap and then change it when you are leaving.

I have searched and searched - I would really appreciate some help if anyone knows about this.

Thanks so much

Old Oct 23, 2001, 7:48 am

Programs: DL-PM, 1MM; HH-Gold; Avis First
The thread is on the FlyerTalk Travel/TravelBuzz! board, with the last entry on 10-07. (I don't know how to relay the URL.)

I started the thread, but the information in response is more useful for a repeat visitor to the UK.

I did a lot of additional digging on the Web and found a company called TravelCell.com, which appears ideal for an occasional visitor like me. Their posted rates are the best, not only for the weekly rental, but also for the per-minute call charges and the delivery/return charges.

The phone, extra battery, and charger arrived early and I will soon be using them in the UK. I'll report back on the service upon my return.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.