Wiki Posts
Search

Credit Card Warning

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2001, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
Credit Card Warning

Just a heads up on something that happened to me in London. We bought tickets for one of the city hop-on hop-off buses in London. This was at a money changers that advertised tickets for all the bus tours and London Underground passes. Paid cash for the Underground passes and asked if we could use a credit card for the bus tour. A little hesitaton by the clerk and then told yes. Used a Visa and off we went.The clerk never said anything about it being a cash advance.

Upon reviewing my CC statement saw there was a $10 cash advance fee AND finance chrges that acrue from day of advance! Called credit card company and they said it was put through as a cash advance. They were nice and removed all fees and charges associated with this transaction.

So be carefull and make sure that all transactions are put through as a credit use and not a cash advance. I think this only happened because we bought the tickets at a money changers and not directly through the bus company.

------------------
What do you mean you flew LowCost Airlines just because it was cheaper and a direct flight? What about the MILES?
Old Sep 15, 2001, 4:32 pm

Thanks for the hint - that's why I like to read flyertalk, I can always learn something!
BTW, I paid my underground (tube) tickets with Visa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.