Community
Wiki Posts
Search

seeking accomodations in London

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2001, 11:55 am
Original Poster

seeking accomodations in London

I'm thinking of going to London (flying to LHR) and would like some suggestions on relatively inexpensive places to stay. I am trying to decide if I really want to stay in a hotel - if there are apartment rentals and such which are cheaper I would seriously consider it.

Has anyone done London on a budget? If so, where are some good, clean, comfortable places to stay?
Old Sep 15, 2001, 1:28 am

I've stayed at the Barbian YMCA and the YWCA near the British museum, and found them both to be perfectly acceptable and inexpensive for a single guy who just needs a place to sleep. I believe the Barbican YMCA cost about $200 for the week, and included 14 meals. The YWCA was in a better spot (Great Russell Street), but cost more, and didn't include meals.
Old Sep 15, 2001, 1:08 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
I suggest taking a look at the following group of hotels:

http://www.capricornhotels.co.uk/

More than a few times I have stayed at the Blandford Hotel (one of three properties owned by Capricorn Hotels) and some of my friends have stayed there on my recommendation. We have all been quite satisfied with our experiences there and the hotel represents good value. One friend recently stayed at another Capricorn property, the Oliver Plaza, which is even less expensive than the Blandford. He reported it was just fine - clean and comfortable and an excellent value. In fact, he stayed there on two different occasions during the summer.

Good luck and travel safely ...
Bill

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.