Community
Wiki Posts
Search

London Musicals

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2001, 11:01 pm
Original Poster

London Musicals

Planning to go to London in October. What musicals should we see while in London?
Old Aug 27, 2001, 8:35 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I detest Abba music, yet Mama Mia was fun in a campy way. The others in my group loved it.
Old Aug 27, 2001, 12:30 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Platinum
Check out the following:

http://www.londontheatre.co.uk/
Old Aug 27, 2001, 1:56 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
IF you can get a ticket, the My Fair Lady revival is quite wonderful.
Old Aug 27, 2001, 6:31 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
see also: http://www.playbill.com/cgi-bin/plb/...md=list&type=L
Old Aug 28, 2001, 8:04 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2 Million-miler , SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Mama Mia is an absolutely spectacular show
Old Aug 30, 2001, 4:45 am

Not sure if this counts but soemwhere in London does a singalong version of the Sound of Music Film.

Many of the audience dress up as characters in the film.

Apparently it is unbelievable fun and even the most hardened cycnics who get dragged along find it fun.
Old Aug 30, 2001, 3:06 pm

Mama Mia was sold out. So I went to "Bloodbrothers" and "Le Miserable".
I liked them both.
Old Aug 31, 2001, 5:57 am

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
We just got back yesterday. Saw the Lion King and it was awsome. Really worth seeing. Went to the Half-Price booth at Leicester Square and got matinee tickets to Fame. London was not near as busy as I thought it would be for August. If there is a particular show then book in advance but try the Half Price booth when you get there also. Went to the play Stones in His Pockets. Excellent show.
Old Sep 5, 2001, 1:25 pm

That sounds like sooo much fun! I'm going on the 13th, I'll look out for it and post the info.. THANKS

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by titfield:
Not sure if this counts but soemwhere in London does a singalong version of the Sound of Music Film.

Many of the audience dress up as characters in the film.

Apparently it is unbelievable fun and even the most hardened cycnics who get dragged along find it fun.
</font>
Old Sep 5, 2001, 3:35 pm
Community Director Emerita

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by titfield:
soemwhere in London does a singalong version of the Sound of Music Film.
</font>
I believe that this is at the St. Charles theatre, one block north of Leicester Square. The theatre shows several different movies each day, reperatory style. The last time I was in London, I noticed that the sing-a-long SOUND OF MUSIC was on Sunday night.

Old Sep 9, 2001, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MoreMilesPlease:
If there is a particular show then book in advance but try the Half Price booth when you get there also. Went to the play Stones in His Pockets. Excellent show.</font>
Does anyone have info on the half-price booth (e.g. websites etc...)? I'll be in london on 9/21, and figure I would catch a play on friday nite. I assume the half-price booth is similar to TKTS in NYC.

Old Sep 9, 2001, 5:16 pm

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ws8n:
Does anyone have info on the half-price booth (e.g. websites etc...)? I'll be in london on 9/21, and figure I would catch a play on friday nite. I assume the half-price booth is similar to TKTS in NYC.

</font>

Just got back from London. The half-price booth is in the center Leicester Square. It is a large permanent stone building. Tickets for the afternnon matinees go on sale at 10am. Evening performances go on sale at 11am. Be carefull buying tickets at any of the other places calling themselves "half-price tickets". There are at least 6-7 in the same area. The large permanent building is the true one. You will get the best seats available for half the face value plus 2.5GBP. The other places don't necessarily do this. Have fun! We did .

------------------
What do you mean you flew LowCost Airlines just because it was cheaper and a direct flight? What about the MILES?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.