Community
Wiki Posts
Search

London Sites?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2001, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
London Sites?

My wife and I are going to London for a week to 10 days next year and I'd like to start some research.

Any good websites on the city or even chat boards on the city?
Old Sep 4, 2001, 1:36 am

www.londontouristboard.com is a good start

www.thetube.com for the London Underground has links to other transport related sites in London
Old Sep 4, 2001, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge Vintage®) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
I like the Time Out magazine and guides for London. They have a nice website at:

http://www.timeout.com/london/
Old Sep 4, 2001, 4:08 pm

Dingo:

A website that has an enormous amount of info about Britain is the British Airport Authority site. It covers the seven major British airports (for arr/dep info and links to all major hotels in the area), but also lists telephone #'s/addresses etc for all the major sights in and around the cities; (museums, places of interest, etc).

You can find them at:

www.baa.co.uk

(sorry, don't know how to post it as a link).

Edited to correct stupidity!

Ok, it posted as a link automatically - navigate to 'Airzone' (the big lump in the middle) and that will take you to the info pages.

Hope this helps, Dennis.

[This message has been edited by yyz-den (edited 09-04-2001).]
Old Sep 5, 2001, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Rather than a website, I prefer getting a copy of Time Out Magazine, and their London Eating Guide. I read them & mark them. The plays don't change that much, the restaurants don't change that much. They also do a great job on the now stuff to do.
Old Sep 7, 2001, 8:10 pm

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
London Walks This is the ultimate walking tour site for London. They have the best and widest selection of walking tours. I have never found tours of this price/quality for any city I have ever visited. They have some very interesting tours. I highly recommend them.

For news and events:
The Times
International Herald Tribune

Other City Guides:
Lycos
Rough Guide
Fodors
Boulevards
Excite
Economist
Frommers
timeout
CNN
Elegant Lifestyle(includes downloads for PDA's
Forbes
Lonely Planet

Links
Links#1
Links#2
Links#3
Links#4
Links#5

That should keep you busy for a bit!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.