Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lost Property LHR won’t post my item

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2024, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Lost Property LHR won’t post my item

I left my AirPods on a flight to Heathrow and lost property have them but will not post them? Apparently their couriers don’t deliver AirPods?!

I have tried several couriers and none seem to be able to collect due to the location of lost property. I’ve been told to tell couriers to park in the short stay car park but drivers seem to have an issue with this. I have spent hours on the phone trying to sort this, it’s crazy.

i don’t live anywhere near London (am in Scotland) and don’t have anyone to collect them. Has anyone successfully been able to get an item couriered from lost property or have any suggestions about how to retrieve them?

thanks in advance!
Old Mar 2, 2024, 2:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I'll be able to pick them up over the next few weeks. PM me if you'd like me to do so. I can then post them on.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 2:50 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Isn't the problem the fact that airpods have built-in batteries? I've had a DHL parcel partially returned when a mate had forgotten his washbag. DHL returned his electric toothbrush and shaving cream can as items they don't carry (they actually opened the washbag to remove them and returned them to me free of charge). One due to the battery, the other because it's a pressurised can.
stifle likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alex67500
Isn't the problem the fact that airpods have built-in batteries? I've had a DHL parcel partially returned when a mate had forgotten his washbag. DHL returned his electric toothbrush and shaving cream can as items they don't carry (they actually opened the washbag to remove them and returned them to me free of charge). One due to the battery, the other because it's a pressurised can.
yeah I think that is the issue.

Although other couriers don’t have a problem with it being AirPods - it’s just as lost property use dhl for shipping.

the issue the other couriers have is getting to lost property!
Old Mar 2, 2024, 3:06 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Any tips on lost property where the occurrence is unclear? One being LHR, the plane and the next UK airport involved?
Old Mar 2, 2024, 7:59 pm

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Heathrow Tower
I'll be able to pick them up over the next few weeks. PM me if you'd like me to do so. I can then post them on.
What a generous offer.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Heathrow Tower
thank you so much that’s so kind. I am trying my 5th courier tomorrow but if that doesn't work I will let you know.

happy of course to reimburse you

thank you!
Old Mar 4, 2024, 1:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by plaidparty
thank you so much that’s so kind. I am trying my 5th courier tomorrow but if that doesn't work I will let you know.

happy of course to reimburse you

thank you!
I am also happy to collect and post to you. Will special delivery do?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.