Wiki Posts
Search

Please help: LHR T2 to LHR T4

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2024, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Please help: LHR T2 to LHR T4

Hello UK forum,

Due to a rebooking I'm due to transfer today from T2 (SQ) to T4 (KL).

I see from the Heathrow website that I need to get the Heathrow express or the Elizabeth line with a free ticket.

But concretely, do I follow transfer signs? Or exit signs? I'm coming from SIN so there will be security but where?

I would appreciate a step by step guide. Thank you so much!
Old Mar 7, 2024, 2:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Are you hbo or do you have checked luggage?

If checked luggage, is it checked through or will you need to collect andvre check it?

If you do not need to collect luggage then follow flight connections and take the airside transit bus to T4.

If you do need to collect luggage and recheck it to t4 then you follow the arrivals and baggage reclaim, then exit the terminal and make your way to the elizabeth line/heathrow express station.

its a bit of walk, lift down to a tunnel, walk to the underground station, then follow the signs for t3/ heathrow express. The lizzie line / heathrow express station is about 2/3s of the way to t3.

My view, its much easier if you are on one ticket, bags checked through and use the airside bus
malmostoso likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Thank you!

One ticket, bags are checked through. So I will look for the airside bus to T4, sounds a lot easier than the train. Thank you again!
Old Mar 7, 2024, 3:28 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
You also asked about security. It doesn't matter whether you clear immigration and use the Elizabeth Line or take the airside bus (which I concur is likely your better route - T2 to T4 is probably the worst landside transfer at Heathrow), you will go through security at T4.

If you take the airside bus, that'll be at transfer security.
malmostoso likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Thank you!

I suppose going airside also saves immigration, which would make everything even more complicated.

We now have 2h between flights, it should be well within MCT.

Thank you all for your help, I'll update the thread in 15h or so after my flight to LHR
goodeats21 likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Connection successful with time to spare
There's quite a lot to walk but it really is enough to follow the signs.

Thank you for your help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.