Search

World Duty Free Heathrow T5

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2023, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue
World Duty Free Heathrow T5

Couldn't find a Heathrow sub forum?

Anyway. I want to buy big bars of Cadbury and perhaps other non chocolate sweets. How do the prices and selection compare to Tesco? I looked at WDF's website, and they didn’t have any big bars. I'm after 360g or larger. In years gone by, I'm sure I've seen 1KG bars for sale.

Cheers
Old Jul 25, 2023, 1:42 am

Programs: BAEC
I can't offer any direct price comparison but my strong suggestion is that confectionery will almost always be cheaper in a UK supermarket compared to what is offered at the airport.
Internaut, farci, RJD1983 and 3 others like this.
Old Jul 27, 2023, 4:46 pm

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
I have yet to see any chocolate bars or other confectionary cheaper at an airport than the major supermarkets.

Chocolate has suffered Shrinkflation. Price stays the same, size shrinks. Even going onto Cadbury's online gift shop you can only get 850g bars.. They'll tell you its for your health!
Old Jul 30, 2023, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by plunet
I can't offer any direct price comparison but my strong suggestion is that confectionery will almost always be cheaper in a UK supermarket compared to what is offered at the airport.
I agree, although the comedy-sized 1kg 900g 850g Dairy Milk bars, whilst readily available at every airport I've set foot in in this country in the past ten years, are not easily found on the high street, one presumes due to low demand.

I have several flights from LHR in the near future and if I remember I'll have a quick look in WDF for the current range.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.