Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

MAN: Best place for a few hours light working w/o lounge access?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2023, 3:52 am
Original Poster

I want to get some light work done on my laptop this afternoon at MAN (no important calls, no deadline).

Currently at the Holiday Inn Manchester T2 which gave me a late check-out until 2 PM. My flight is not until 7:50 PM out of T2 and I won't have lounge access by virtue of ticket or FF status.

I do have a DragonPass which may give me lounge access for 2-3 hours prior to departure. Honestly, I haven't checkered yet because that leaves still a few hours of a gap.

Any suggestions on where to grab a seat? Don't mind walking or paying for coffees and such, but would ideally like to avoid paying for a day room in a hotel or a full day's worth of lounge access...
Old Jul 5, 2023, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by ffgap
I want to get some light work done on my laptop this afternoon at MAN (no important calls, no deadline).

Currently at the Holiday Inn Manchester T2 which gave me a late check-out until 2 PM. My flight is not until 7:50 PM out of T2 and I won't have lounge access by virtue of ticket or FF status.

I do have a DragonPass which may give me lounge access for 2-3 hours prior to departure. Honestly, I haven't checkered yet because that leaves still a few hours of a gap.

Any suggestions on where to grab a seat? Don't mind walking or paying for coffees and such, but would ideally like to avoid paying for a day room in a hotel or a full day's worth of lounge access...

I'm sure the HI won't mind you sitting in their lobby, cafe or whatever for an hour or so. If you opt to go airside, and don't have lounge access, I'd head for an unoccupied gate area for some peace. The Escape lounge has pay-for entry, but i think that requires booking, and it's not cheap. They also enforce a time limit of 2 or 3 hours before your flight.
ffgap likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.