Old May 26, 2023, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
This thread The OP is getting weird
Fixed it for you.
Old May 27, 2023, 12:16 am

Programs: BA Silver
This thread is getting weird
Of all the potential subjects to send a thread spiralling into OMNI territory, I wouldn't have put money on it being one about whether holders of Andorran passports can use E-gates!
Old May 27, 2023, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nothing, nowhere!
Originally Posted by Scots_Al
Of all the potential subjects to send a thread spiralling into OMNI territory, I wouldn't have put money on it being one about whether holders of Andorran passports can use E-gates!
i laughed at that one! Good post!
farci likes this.
Old May 27, 2023, 8:31 am

Programs: BA Silver
Did OP try to go through an E-gate on an Andorra passport today? You were warned what would happen!
stifle, KARFA, DaveS and 1 others like this.
Old May 29, 2023, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
oh well get GE then
Would love to, but I'm not an eligible person.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 12:49 pm

Is this just in service to ensuring that the citizens of even more countries can enjoy the frustration of being sent to eGates that will never read their passports, just for the fun of it?
Old Jun 13, 2023, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Bad day at the office dear?
farci likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2023, 1:55 am

More children can use passport e-gates after UK rule change

“But what about the children of Andorra?” I hear the people cry.
Captain Schmidt and KARFA like this.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 8:48 am

Hi, I agree microstates should be added to E gates. Must be very frustrating if citizen of San Marino, Andorra or Monaco to have to wait ages in long queue. Considering wealth of those countries and next to zero chance of overstaying etc. Should also expand list of eligible nationalities (UAE, Qatar, Saudi, Bahrain, Kuwait, Brunei etc perhaps).
I would also like to see the EU countries reciprocate and allow British citizens to use E gates like UK allows them to use.
I know some countries now do this, like France, Spain, Portugal, Italy and Cyprus now allow E gate use for UK passport. However many still not such as Netherlands and Germany.
Old Oct 14, 2023, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Is there a general list why egates sometimes direct you to see UK Border Force? I haven't had the need for any human interaction with Border Force until this week, and I think it's due to my travel itinerary - see below. US passport holder.

Tuesday: arrival into T2 from US (egate processed in mere second)
Thursday: departure from T3 back to the US
Saturday: arrival into T2 from US via a Schengen member state (egate advised to see Border Force)
Old Oct 14, 2023, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
I don't think Border Force would release a specific list of exceptions other than things like 'not for these countries ...' or young children which is more of a 'do not use'

But it's likely you were referred to an officer because of your recent entries and exists from the UK though it could just be because of poor matching of the photos.

Did the officer ask you any questions?
Repooc17 likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2023, 4:23 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Is there a general list why egates sometimes direct you to see UK Border Force? I haven't had the need for any human interaction with Border Force until this week, and I think it's due to my travel itinerary - see below. US passport holder.

Saturday: arrival into T2 from US via a Schengen member state (egate advised to see Border Force)
If this is the first or only time it has failed I would not read much into it. There are multiple reasons why it can fail. If odd travel itineraries were a problem then few here would get through the gates.
Repooc17 likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2023, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
I don't think Border Force would release a specific list of exceptions other than things like 'not for these countries ...' or young children which is more of a 'do not use'

But it's likely you were referred to an officer because of your recent entries and exists from the UK though it could just be because of poor matching of the photos.

Did the officer ask you any questions?
Could be photo mismatching.

Just the standard question the reason you are here for.

Thanks for the insight.

Originally Posted by DaveS
If this is the first or only time it has failed I would not read much into it. There are multiple reasons why it can fail. If odd travel itineraries were a problem then few here would get through the gates.
Yes, first time. Thanks for the reassurance.

Have another trip into LHR next month (but at T5). Will add to the data point, if applicable.
DaveS likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by Repooc17

Can be anything from the photo mismatching to the passport not scanning properly to you being on a watchlist.
Repooc17 likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stifle
Can be anything from the photo mismatching to the passport not scanning properly to you being on a watchlist.
Hopefully not the last one. I would have been added within a few days though I went through egates successfully on a Tuesday, and then got bogged down on a Saturday in the same week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.