Wiki Posts
Search

Dublin Airport overnight

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2022, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH FF*, A3, EK, CX
Dublin Airport overnight

dear all, i have to stay 1 night in Dublin airport land side, any tricks you can share with for getting me some comfort?
thanks in advance.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 7:50 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
There's a couple of hotels at the airport, and a few more a short shuttle ride away. Prices seem to be quite a bit higher than they were a few years back though....

Depending on flight timings, you might be better off hopping on the bus into the city centre and staying there. The Aircoach is €10 return to the centre.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gagravarr
There's a couple of hotels at the airport, and a few more a short shuttle ride away. Prices seem to be quite a bit higher than they were a few years back though....

Depending on flight timings, you might be better off hopping on the bus into the city centre and staying there. The Aircoach is €10 return to the centre.
thanks for your reply.
there are only few hours between my flights so it makes no sense spending hundreds €€ for a short sleep.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 5:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
How much time do you actually have?
Old Jul 29, 2022, 6:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fluffymitten
How much time do you actually have?
8pm to 7am.
btw, i found these web pages seem helpful....
https://www.sleepinginairports.net/g...port-guide.htm
https://youririshadventure.com/sleep...ublin-airport/
Old Jul 29, 2022, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
That’s 10 hours! So a lot more than a “few”

Even allowing 3 for arrival and departures processing that’s still 7 hours.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 8:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
I'd go into Dublin and have a nice dinner and a good night's sleep.

Is the 7am your departure time or the time you'd need to be back at the airport?
Old Jul 31, 2022, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
I suspect that the OP is trying to save money so nice Dublin restaurants, taxis and hotels will not be part of the agenda. But there is a reasonable bus service from airport to centre.
stifle likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 1:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lhrsfo
I suspect that the OP is trying to save money so nice Dublin restaurants, taxis and hotels will not be part of the agenda. .
correct! thanks
Old Aug 1, 2022, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by FlyingJazzy
correct! thanks
Swords is not far from the airport, and I've seen a number of B&Bs there milking that proximity. No idea what their rates might be, but they'd probably beat comfortably the prices at airport or city-centre hotels.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 7:45 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Based on the sleeping in airports details on Dublin, I don't think you'll get much sleep there.

Looking a week out, you can get a room in a hostel dorm for €35. Add on the bus and it's €45, which feels fairly budget to me
Old Aug 1, 2022, 8:55 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by Gagravarr
Based on the sleeping in airports details on Dublin, I don't think you'll get much sleep there.

Looking a week out, you can get a room in a hostel dorm for €35. Add on the bus and it's €45, which feels fairly budget to me
That's very expensive for a hostel, but Dublin is expensive for hotels too.

You can get a hostel bed for £15 in London and €20 in Paris next week, though you could argue that Dublin is a small city, so I also found one in Copenhagen for DKK 200.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 4:37 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Sorry to jump on this thread.

What's the cheapest way to get to the city and back? Ryanair have a transfer add-on for 9 EUR return, but I think buses 16 and 41 would work out cheaper. Does anyone know how much they would cost for cash payment to driver ticket?

Not really worried about journey duration as flight timing are good both ways.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 9:20 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
I think it's €2.60, no change is given and you must pay in coins only, even a €5 note is not allowed. However unless you are not taking any further public transport during your time in Dublin, you should just get a Leap Visitor card at the airport then you can take whatever regular buses, trams and commuter trains you like.

The Leap Visitor used to be valid on the dedicated 747 airport bus but this route was cancelled because of covid.
stifle and jokerjokerj like this.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 12:28 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by :D!
I think it's €2.60, no change is given and you must pay in coins only, even a €5 note is not allowed. However unless you are not taking any further public transport during your time in Dublin, you should just get a Leap Visitor card at the airport then you can take whatever regular buses, trams and commuter trains you like.

The Leap Visitor used to be valid on the dedicated 747 airport bus but this route was cancelled because of covid.
Thanks for that, it was perfect timing as I read it just after arrival at DUB. 👍

Yes, 2.60 EUR, and thanks to you message I had the correct coins ready. 🙂

It's only an overnighter, so I didn't bother with the Leap card.
:D! and jokerjokerj like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.