Wiki Posts
Search

All You Can Eat Sushi London

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2022, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
The best thing you can ever do is turn around before Acton. Utter hole. Always has been.
mjm and :D! like this.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by mjm
Not yet, but working on it. End of April. Can't happen soon enough. The prices are ludicrous for a Japanese bakery and the stuff used to make the goods is not priced equivalently higher in London. And Ealing? Not the highest rent part of the city. I'll turn around at Acton usually, getting too far out past the Bush at a that point. . I think there is perceived scarcity on the part of the customers or a hunger for goods which if in Japan make sense but overseas (as a Japanese resident) here are too many much better bread options. There is no comparison to a Danish bakery. With London's bakery options that are not Japanese I never miss the baked goods at home (Tokyo) at all. Still it will be a longish trip and I do find myself with an afternoon to spare in April and will have wheels so who knows?
I meant to say that the prices aren't really high for being London. I mean, just a couple examples: a baguette at £1.80 is 30p higher than at a supermarket, and 40p lower than the staple of gentrification, Gail.

Similarly, all their sweets and savoury options are priced at around £1.70/£1.90: the boggest of the bog standard croissant at Gail is £2.10. Ole & Steen, another bakery/coffee shop that rhymes with gentrification, doesn't have anything with filling for less than 3 quids. Sure, if you live in Japan then you don't need to schlep it all the way there, but for an individually-owned place they're not bad. To be honest I struggle to think of an actual baker - as in a place where they bake their own stuff - in my wider neighbourhood, from Hammersmith to Ealing.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 5:15 am
mjm
Original Member

Originally Posted by 13901
To be honest I struggle to think of an actual baker - as in a place where they bake their own stuff - in my wider neighbourhood, from Hammersmith to Ealing.
Bakehaus?
St. Anne?

Haven't been but look yum.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by mjm
Bakehaus?
St. Anne?

Haven't been but look yum.
Bakehaus I know, they do decent burek, but it's more an industrial thing - I believe they are a franchise of sorts. St. Anne, I believe the one by the methodist church? Can't say I've ever found the shops on that stretch of King Street appealing to be fair, but I'll give it a shot one of these days. Though I was more thinking about a proper bakery, in the "boulangerie" sense of the term. Anyway, I think we veered off-topic..
Old Mar 6, 2022, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
After much debate, the proximity to Ealing Common tube means we might give this a go: Kiraku London | Japanese Restaurant if anyone has any experience of this place. It's apparently popular with the Japanese locals too.
Quoting myself here but never mind. So for Ealing Common it came down to the above and then I noticed this one: Ta Ke Sushi Basically we looked at the reviews, looked at the pics, and as we were able to book a table online decided that we would try this place. Which was just as well because when we left and caught a bus we could see that Kiraku looked very closed.

Anyway, we were all very impressed, there were four of us in total and two had never been in a sushi restaurant (but had eaten sushi) and two of us were old hands. A great selection of rolls, sashimi and ngiri with good cuts of meat in all. Very tasty, very efficient swift service, and very reasonable pricing, we will definitely be going back there. The only annoyance was that they seemed to stop taking orders about 45 minutes before they closed, so of course we just ordered all in one go.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 4:35 pm

If anyone is up for proper high grade stuff then you want Endo down at White City.

Home | Endo at the Rotunda - Sushi in the Clouds (endoatrotunda.com)

Alternatively some of the Japan centre stores in London have known to have sushi bars which may be worth a try.

STORE FINDER - Japan Centre
Old Feb 17, 2024, 1:56 am

London is a diverse city with all kinds of food. I had a sushi restaurant near Chinatown and it was pretty good.
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restau...n_England.html
Dozo
Old Feb 19, 2024, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not London, but there's a nice all-you-can-eat sushi restaurant in New York that I've been eating at for over 20 years. Been through three name changes and countless price increases , currently about US$40-45 including tax/tip. Of course it's not the most amazing sushi, but it hits the spot and, in 20 years, I've never gotten sick. Lol. It's all made to order off a menu, nigiri or lots of hand/cut roll options. A bit heavy on the rice of course to fill you up and if you leave too much over they charge you extra.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 4:27 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by fufu7755
London is a diverse city with all kinds of food. I had a sushi restaurant near Chinatown and it was pretty good.
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restau...n_England.html
Dozo
That's not near Chinatown.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 5:41 am

Programs: Aeroplan, NEXUS
Originally Posted by 13901
All you can eat sushi is the best way to get a lovely case of the brown rains IMHO.
Typically the result of eating escolar aka "butterfish" or "white tuna" a fish so hard on your digestive tract that it is banned in Japan but commonly found on AYCE sushi in North America.
fufu7755 likes this.

Last edited by Heyden; Feb 23, 2024 at 11:31 am
Old Mar 9, 2024, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by Heyden
Typically the result of eating escolar aka "butterfish" or "white tuna" a fish so hard on your digestive tract that it is banned in Japan but commonly found on AYCE sushi in North America.
Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.