Covid Testing for UK Travel - London Based Travellers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Covid Testing for UK Travel - London Based Travellers

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2022, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by DaveS
I have not used them since November (other trips keep getting postponed). I will be using soon though. My last certificate did not have a QR code, but there is a button on the web site to get a QR code which I assume will work. March is too far away to be worrying about testing now. The requirements are bound to change before then. I would suggest waiting until 2 weeks before the flight before worrying about what to do.
Thanks, was that with Collinson or Express? It seems collinson have changed the system as the original login link no longer works. It seems Express might do QR codes but is manually requested and only after the test result is issued. I was thinking wait till late feb but was then trying to work out who did same day or a suitable test for my original flight time, reaslised I had few options other then a early morning drive, eventually after a few flight changes, i think i am fine, last tests seem to be at 7pm and local test places are next day results, so it leaves me time if things go wrong.

Last edited by suley; Jan 14, 2022 at 2:28 pm
Old Jan 14, 2022, 2:32 pm

Programs: M&S Elite+
Originally Posted by suley
Thanks, was that with Collinson or Express? It seems collinson have changed the system as the original login link no longer works. It seems Express might do QR codes but is manually requested and only after the test result is issued. I was thinking wait till late feb but was then trying to work out who did same day or a suitable test for my original flight time, reaslised I had few options other then a early morning drive, eventually after a few flight changes, i think i am fine, last tests seem to be at 7pm and local test places are next day results, so it leaves me time if things go wrong.
ExpressTest, I have never used Collinson. There were some negative comments about Collinson a while back when all the test providers were overloaded doing PCR's.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Just another data point:

Randox site at Stratford Westfield for pre-flight 60-minute Antigen test (for return to USA) £35
(Was also going to use it for entry into Tottenham Stadium yesterday for NLD, but that's a whole other story...)

Very easy. Staff was very friendly, no wait at all, and results emailed about 30 minutes after swab.
Much easier to find as well. They are on "The Street:, with outside entrance from walkway, just over the pedestrian bridge from Statford Station.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 9:28 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Simply test me tests are really simple! I uploaded the photo at 11 this morning and got an email back at 3. I
The first email said to go about your business and not worry which I obviously did. You can't really go wrong at that price point. The test was on the doormat when I got home on Saturday, ordered on Tuesday last week.
Silver Fox, capedreamer and DaveS like this.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 9:31 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by alex67500
Simply test me tests are really simple! I uploaded the photo at 11 this morning and got an email back at 3. I
The first email said to go about your business and not worry which I obviously did. You can't really go wrong at that price point. The test was on the doormat when I got home on Saturday, ordered on Tuesday last week.
Is this the provider? https://www.simplytestme.co.uk/

I'm arriving in London in two weeks and am looking for the best option for the Day 2 test.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 9:35 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Is this the provider? https://www.simplytestme.co.uk/

I'm arriving in London in two weeks and am looking for the best option for the Day 2 test.
yes that’s them

you may not need one in 2 weeks based on the possibly changes later this month.

if you do need one simplytestme seems to be the cheapest reliable provider and generally gets positive comments on here.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
yes that’s them

you may not need one in 2 weeks based on the possibly changes later this month.

if you do need one simplytestme seems to be the cheapest reliable provider and generally gets positive comments on here.
Thank you! And glad to hear. Will keep an eye on the latest regulations!
Old Jan 17, 2022, 2:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond

If you have your own antigen/lateral flow tests at home, then Klarity is a smudge cheaper at £9.95 and you don't have to worry about getting the test kit delivered to a hotel etc.
capedreamer and DaveS like this.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by Schwann
If you have your own antigen/lateral flow tests at home, then Klarity is a smudge cheaper at £9.95 and you don't have to worry about getting the test kit delivered to a hotel etc.
There's a fair chance it will all be moot in two weeks, but Klarity is a good/cheap option if you already have an appropriate test device.

rb211.
capedreamer likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 12:44 am

It can be had for £8.85 with this TK promo link:

https://klarity.health/turkish-airlines-uk/
Silver Fox, HB7, Schwann and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 5:09 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
I just booked a day 2 from this company for 5.99 GBP with home delivery. The number for the PLF was produced instantly with the confirmation email. It was the cheapest I could find!

https://covidtestingdirect.com/approved-day-2-day-8/
Silver Fox, Schwann and DaveS like this.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 7:58 am

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.
Originally Posted by alex67500
I had an even faster experience with SimplyTestMe- Uploaded my photo at 8:44, and the certificate pinged into my email at 8:51. Also ordered the test on a Thursday and slipped through the post box on Friday. Would definitely recommend them.

I used Klarity for my entry test to get into Italy. Very easy to just upload a photo, and the certificate came through in something amazing like 4 minutes. I have no idea how they reviewed the information and verified my test picture in that short amount of time, but got me into Italy so I'm not complaining. Another strong recommendation from me.
DaveS likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 8:34 pm

Thank you! And glad to hear. Will keep an eye on the latest regulations!
I see that the UK has returned to Plan A in terms of domestic restrictions but didn't see anything about removal of the Day 2 arrival test. For those with feelers on the ground, are further changes expected by January 31 (the date of my arrival)?

Thanks, everyone!
Old Jan 20, 2022, 11:48 pm

I see that the UK has returned to Plan A in terms of domestic restrictions but didn't see anything about removal of the Day 2 arrival test. For those with feelers on the ground, are further changes expected by January 31 (the date of my arrival)?

Thanks, everyone!
There is likely to be an announcement before then, but whether the rules change by then is not certain.
capedreamer likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 12:14 am

Thanks, everyone!
I think there were inklings (or maybe just hopes) that the requirement would be lifted with the recent changes, but as we know the Day 2 testing stays, at least for now. I believe the next announcement is likely to be on January 26th. But I'm not holding my breath for the testing to be flushed at that point, although I would be happy if it were!

rb211.
capedreamer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.