Reload this Page >

Heathrow Airport seven-hour queues 'inhumane' at arrivals

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Heathrow Airport seven-hour queues 'inhumane' at arrivals

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2021, 7:58 am

Programs: AA EP, MUCCI, Proudly BA Blue,.
Originally Posted by Buster
Landed Sept 11 at 3:15 pm. No one available to work the ramp, so we didn’t deplane until around 3:40. No lines - cruised right up to the e-gates. E-gates had a very high failure rate - both my husband and I failed, but the stewards told us to try different machines rather than sending us to the very long failure line. Luckily we both had better success at the second machines. Little tip that the steward gave me - remove your mask entirely (don’t have it hanging off one one ear). That, plus a new machine, did the trick.

I think it’s all highly variable - we landed early, ahead of a few large long haul BA flights. Others later in the day who were stuck amongst those flights may not have been as lucky.
I find that you really need to push your passport down hard in the slot to get those e-gates to work properly.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 3:19 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Just after 9 am this morning, a Tuesday, I waited between 5 and 10 minutes for the e-gates at T5. There was a bit more shouting than usual but other than that fairly efficient and organised.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 9:19 am

Sadly the source is particularly tabloid-y, but it seems that the e-Gates have failed again today.

Heathrow and Stansted: TWO-hour long airport queues as Border Force e-Gates break down again

It's the third time a technical fault has brought down the e-Gates in three months

[...]

The Home Office has acknowledged a technical fault but has not yet confirmed whether the fault is the same one which led to outages on September 24 and October 6,
Heathrow and Stansted: TWO-hour long airport queues as Border Force e-Gates break down again - MyLondon
Old Nov 10, 2021, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We skipped through T5 just ahead of todays breakdown. 2/3 machines open and no queues at all.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 5:47 am
Suspended

What sort of queues should I expect these days coming in around 7:30am for the UK/egates border? Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 3:19 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by exeu2017
What sort of queues should I expect these days coming in around 7:30am for the UK/egates border? Thanks in advance.
Highly likely to be less than 5 minutes especially at T5. Of course if you’re unlucky, many factors can push this up and up and up….

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.