Reload this Page >

Vaccine passports for UK citizens for international travel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vaccine passports for UK citizens for international travel

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2021, 10:50 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I've no doubt that both High Commissions are on the case already. My feeling is that this will be ironed out fairly quickly, and we know other European countries have said they are treating all AZ batches done in the UK as being OK.
Well spookily enough, and after a few drams of malt whisky at the British High Commission in Valleta today, Malta has revised its travel advice, all UK NHS App Covid Passes are now accepted.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 6:45 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club (Silver), Le Club Accor (Silver)
Well spookily enough, and after a few drams of malt whisky at the British High Commission in Valleta today, Malta has revised its travel advice, all UK NHS App Covid Passes are now accepted.
Croatia next please, ideally within the next few weeks 🤞🤞🤞
Old Jul 15, 2021, 3:28 am

Programs: BA Exec, LH M&M
Originally Posted by kingstontoon
Croatia next please, ideally within the next few weeks 🤞🤞🤞
As far I know, Croatia will accept NHS COVID pass. This is also stated on UK gov travel advice
Old Jul 15, 2021, 4:03 am

Programs: BA, KL, DL
Only 2 days after my second vaccine and I'm able to generate an NHS COVID Pass for international travel - fantastic work!

Old Jul 15, 2021, 4:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by seattle29
Only 2 days after my second vaccine and I'm able to generate an NHS COVID Pass for international travel - fantastic work!
Although it clearly shows the date of the second vaccination and is unlikely to be accepted for admission to other countries until two weeks have elapsed.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by Misco60
Although it clearly shows the date of the second vaccination and is unlikely to be accepted for admission to other countries until two weeks have elapsed.
Good point, but some countries aren't insisting on 2 weeks having elapsed. I'm due to travel on Day 14 so I'll be fine.
Silver Fox likes this.

Last edited by seattle29; Jul 15, 2021 at 4:49 am
Old Jul 15, 2021, 6:42 am

They probably don't know how to do it. They need to do the following (this is the advice GPs would see):
To request a change to the name information for a patient registered at your practice, please submit the amendment via the GP Link, and confirm in the free text that you have seen documentation with the correct name. If this confirmation isn’t provided in the free text, then the amendment will be rejected.
So what you need to do is supply some document that confirms the correct spelling, and get the GP or reception to use GP Link on PCSE (Primary Care Support England) to give the information as required.
Thank you, thank you and thank you!!! Contacted my GP yesterday morning , emailed over a copy of passport (again) and was told due to staff shortages it may take couple of weeks to implement. NHS app was displaying my name correctly this morning
If I ever happen to run into you I hope it will be in a place where they serve Jamaican blue mountain with one sugar.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 7:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by seattle29
I'm due to travel on Day 14 so I'll be fine.
You most probably will be fine, but travelling right on Day 14 does create the possibility of airlines and border officials questioning whether the full 14 days have yet elapsed. I'd be leaving 14 clear calendar days between my second jab and date of travel.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by Above
As far I know, Croatia will accept NHS COVID pass. This is also stated on UK gov travel advice
But not the three batches of AstraZeneca manufactured in India, which is the critical issue.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 7:44 am

Programs: BA Exec, LH M&M
But not the three batches of AstraZeneca manufactured in India, which is the critical issue.
Can't really comment on this, but I was under the impression this is a problem for Malta only?
Old Jul 15, 2021, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by Misco60
You most probably will be fine, but travelling right on Day 14 does create the possibility of airlines and border officials questioning whether the full 14 days have yet elapsed. I'd be leaving 14 clear calendar days between my second jab and date of travel.
Gibraltar isn't insisting on 14 days luckily, you could have your 2nd jab on a Monday and theoretically fly the next day (although it takes a few days to get proof of vaccination first).
Old Jul 15, 2021, 8:54 am

Can't really comment on this, but I was under the impression this is a problem for Malta only?
On an EU-wide level those batches are not permitted, though around half the countries have specifically stated they will accept them. In terms of how closely the remainder will check, it's probably YMMV, but it's a risk and the last thing a traveller wants is to be turned back or put into quarantine because in the eyes of the immigration officer they don't meet the vaccination criteria. This really needs to be sorted at an EU-wide level.

From my perspective, entering Poland on 2 July, there were no problems, but the immigration officer paid little attention to what I showed them, and this was right at the beginning of the EU-wide system being implemented. At present, Croatia are specifically not accepting those batches (according to reports).
Old Jul 15, 2021, 12:08 pm

Programs: M&S Elite+
FWIW Morocco let me in with my NHS COVID pass today.
Above likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 2:05 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
From my perspective, entering Poland on 2 July, there were no problems, but the immigration officer paid little attention to what I showed them, and this was right at the beginning of the EU-wide system being implemented. At present, Croatia are specifically not accepting those batches (according to reports).
I suspect it isn't really border officials who will be problematic about this, it's going to be airlines. From what I can make out TUI carefully read and interpreted the Malta guidelines in a particular way - there wasn't a formal ban articulated but they read through the EMA approval issue. Other airlines did not go to this level of detail hence BA and easyJet passengers were not checked before departure (or arrival in Malta). So depending how airlines read Croatia's rules they may or may not raise an issue on this.
kingstontoon and DaveS like this.
Old Jul 16, 2021, 3:45 am

Programs: BA Silver
Can anyone advise on the best source of information on the country-by-country acceptability of an NHS vaccination record containing one of the questionable Vaxzevria batch numbers?
Can I rely on TIMATIC? The FCDO entry requirements pages? Anywhere else?
Thanks for any advice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.