Wiki Posts
Search

LHR Terminal 5 Hotel

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2018, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
LHR Terminal 5 Hotel

Is there a hotel physical in Terminal 5 at LHR.
I know Hilton has a hotel near Terminal 5.
Old May 16, 2018, 11:51 am

Location: Relocated to YYJ in 2017, got bored and moved to YVR
Programs: AC - Elite 50K, BA - down to Bronze, SQ - down to Silver, IHG - Platinum, Hilton - Diamond
The Sofitel is attached to T5
Old May 16, 2018, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
... and the Sofitel is NOT cheap!

There is a trick with “Secret Hotel” bookings somewhere that I’ve used myself. No doubt someone will remind me/us hiw that works, or link the Thread!

The Hilton is NOT near T5.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old May 16, 2018, 12:04 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

It's not guaranteed for any specific dates but definitely worth a look.

Useful bargain rates, discounts etc for the Sofitel at LHR T5

The Premier Inn T5 is a great little hotel and cheap for an overnight stay and it's very easy to get back to T5.

The 423 bus, which is free, stops outside the lower area where arrivals is and it's 2 stops with the actual bus stops either way right outside the hotel and is very simple to get back and forward from.
Old May 16, 2018, 12:17 pm

Programs: BAEC
The Thistle is not great but is connected to the automated Pods to T5. These transport you to and from the hotel to T5.
Old May 16, 2018, 12:36 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
The Thistle is not great but is connected to the automated Pods to T5. These transport you to and from the hotel to T5.
and the pods cost £5 per person each way if you are going to the thistle!
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old May 16, 2018, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Not located at the terminal but you can avoid buses and take the tube to the Hlton Garden Inn at Hatton Cross - probably a lot easier than the "Hilton [in the same country as] T5."
BearX220 and AlanA like this.

Last edited by Cymro; May 16, 2018 at 1:18 pm
Old May 16, 2018, 12:45 pm
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
No hotel physically in terminal 5 itself.

Nearest option is the Sofitel which is adjacent to the terminal and linked by a covered walkway, 5 minute walk. This is the only hotel option in walking distance.

Other options require a drive/taxi, train or bus transfer except The Thistle which can be accessed via the T5 business car park automated pods.

The "Hilton Terminal 5" isn't actually at T5 but a 10 minute drive away on the other side of the M25.
Old May 16, 2018, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Our favourite ... if arriving by taxi ... is The Stanwell. Only a mile or so away, and NOT one of those box hotels, and with a decent little restaurant. Used it several times, as we tended to arrive by taxi from LGW.

https://www.thestanwell.com
Old May 16, 2018, 1:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Cymro
Not located at the hotel but you can avoid buses and take the tube to the Hlton Garden Inn at Hatton Cross - probably a lot easier than the "Hilton [in the same country as] T5."
I would second this too, usually relatively inexpensive and only a 5-10 minute walk from Hatton Cross tube.
Old May 16, 2018, 1:37 pm

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
Originally Posted by S_W_S
I would second this too, usually relatively inexpensive and only a 5-10 minute walk from Hatton Cross tube.
Stayed there a few times now, Monday was the last stay. If you pick the right facing room, a decent view of the aircraft is had, and has good sound proofing!
Also the bus stop at back is in the Free Travel Zone too.
Old May 16, 2018, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by PETER01
The Premier Inn T5 is a great little hotel and cheap for an overnight stay and it's very easy to get back to T5.
It is a hovel.
Old May 16, 2018, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by rossmacd
It is a hovel.
really? Why do you say that? Have stayed there several times and it seems perfectly fine to me.
Old May 16, 2018, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA

really? Why do you say that? Have stayed there several times and it seems perfectly fine to me.
Plenty reasons I've stayed there twice this year.

The hotel is in the middle of an industrial site, with nothing walkable. The car park lift area appears to be a drug den, and stinks of urine. First time, the bathroom had not been cleaned when I arrived. Second time, I was double charged (For some reason, Travelodge do not like "foreign" card transactions on their website hence make you pay at the desk) - I gave them 2 weeks to refund which they failed to do, and now my credit card company is now resolving the dispute.

Finally, both times the morning Hoppa to T5 did not arrive (not the hotel's fault, granted) and I had to Uber to catch my flight.

Overall, my fault for booking it and trying to save my employer some money.
Old May 16, 2018, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by rossmacd
Plenty reasons I've stayed there twice this year.

The hotel is in the middle of an industrial site, with nothing walkable. The car park lift area appears to be a drug den, and stinks of urine. First time, the bathroom had not been cleaned when I arrived. Second time, I was double charged (For some reason, Travelodge do not like "foreign" card transactions on their website hence make you pay at the desk) - I gave them 2 weeks to refund which they failed to do, and now my credit card company is now resolving the dispute.

Finally, both times the morning Hoppa to T5 did not arrive (not the hotel's fault, granted) and I had to Uber to catch my flight.

Overall, my fault for booking it and trying to save my employer some money.
i think you are getting your hotels confused! PETER01 and I are talking about the Premier Inn T5 not the Travelodge T5.

i haven’t stayed at the Travelodge before. Never looked that appealing. You aren’t selling it to me either

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.