Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

London Airports transfer FAQ: London Heathrow (LHR)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

London Airports transfer FAQ: London Heathrow (LHR)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2022, 4:13 am

We are arrriving with an evening flight with BA at T5, handbaggage only.
Our Hotel is at T4 (Premier Inn).
Can we use the airside connecting bus over to T4 and just exit there?
Or do we have to exit at T5 and use the landside connection over to T4?
Old Sep 25, 2022, 6:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA
Originally Posted by 18wheeler_vanrekt
Is there any airside transfer at LHR from Terminal 4 to 3 (or 5)? Considering a 90-minute transfer on separate tickets (I know, I know...) between those two. 7 p.m. arrival, 8:30 p.m. departure if that helps!
You can use this to see your options for connecting to a different terminal: https://www.heathrow.com/connecting-flights
But since you're self-connecting, you may have to find a different option: https://www.heathrow.com/at-the-airp...ween-terminals
Old Sep 28, 2022, 4:10 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Ele73
We are arrriving with an evening flight with BA at T5, handbaggage only.
Our Hotel is at T4 (Premier Inn).
Can we use the airside connecting bus over to T4 and just exit there?
Or do we have to exit at T5 and use the landside connection over to T4?
You can get the airside bus to T4 and exit landside there. The buses start running down after about 8pm though. And obviously this won't work if you have bags to collect.

Otherwise, go landside at T5 and get the 482 or 490 TFL buses instead. You need to pay so oyster card or contactless card to tap in. Get off at the stop after T4, Starlight Way.
Ele73 likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 4:22 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
You can get the airside bus to T4 and exit landside there. The buses start running down after about 8pm though. And obviously this won't work if you have bags to collect.

Otherwise, go landside at T5 and get the 482 or 490 TFL buses instead. You need to pay so oyster card or contactless card to tap in. Get off at the stop after T4, Starlight Way.
Awesome! Thank you!
Old Oct 9, 2022, 2:33 pm

Programs: DM/3MM
Apologies if this has already been covered, but I can’t seem to find anything definitive about the Heathrow Free Travel Zone. I’m staying at the LHR Marriott. (I’m arriving at T3.) Pre covid you could take the bus there. Is it still in operation (assuming from the central bus station), and if so, is there a charge? If not then is my best option to take the Hoppa to the Sheraton and walk to the Marriott? I have an Oyster card if that makes any difference, although Ive bern told that contactless payment has expanded since my last 2019 visit. Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 2:37 pm

There is no longer any bus free travel zone around LHR I am afraid, it went in 2021. For any TfL red bus you tap in when boarding now (oyster or contactless card). It's a flat fare of about £1.65.

The Hoppa is more expensive and less frequent, so I definitely wouldn't recommend it.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 2:58 pm

There is no longer any bus free travel zone around LHR I am afraid, it went in 2021. For any TfL red bus you tap in when boarding now (oyster or contactless card). It's a flat fare of about £1.65.

The Hoppa is more expensive and less frequent, so I definitely wouldn't recommend it.
Thank you and appreciate the info. Plus the red bus stops at the Marriott if I recall. Does the red bus still leave from the central bus station?
Old Oct 9, 2022, 3:25 pm

Yes, when it comes to T2 and T3 in the centre of the airport all buses leave from the central bus station rather than in front of the terminals themselves.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 3:32 pm

Yes, when it comes to T2 and T3 in the centre of the airport all buses leave from the central bus station rather than in front of the terminals themselves.
Excellent information. Thank you once again
Old Nov 7, 2022, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
There used to be a cash point at T5 arrivals which was just a normal bank cash point, and not a Travelex one which charges you £2.50 to withdraw Sterling. I couldn't find it today. Has it gone, or did I miss it?
Old Nov 10, 2022, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
I've never found any of the cash machines at Heathrow to charge for withdrawals.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 9:52 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by stifle
I've never found any of the cash machines at Heathrow to charge for withdrawals.
That's good. I wonder if the notice on the screen about a £2.50 charge for withdrawing Sterling from UK accounts is not actually implemented.

In any case, I walked around all the cash points in T5 arrivals the other night, and could not find the normal bank machine that used to be there. Eventually I found a Travelex machine that did not have any message about a £2.50 charge. It looked the same as all the other Travelex machines, save the lack of that message on the screen. I took out £100 from it and that matches my bank statement -- so, no charge

I wonder if the Travelex machines that say they will charge £2.50 do actually charge £2.50
Old Dec 21, 2022, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
My experience with Uber in London has not been the best during my last 2 trips. Frequent cancellations lead to me almost missing my flight on my way back to Heathrow last time I was there in October.

Looking for a recommendation on a pre booked ride back to the airport. Will need a larger cab since there will be 4 of us with a suitcase & carry on bag each.
Old Dec 21, 2022, 9:51 am

I haven't used Blackberry Cars since 2019, but always had very good experiences with service to LHR:

https://www.blackberrycars.com/
Old Dec 22, 2022, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by JMontpelier
I haven't used Blackberry Cars since 2019, but always had very good experiences with service to LHR:

https://www.blackberrycars.com/
Thanks. I'll take a look.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.