Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

London Airports transfer FAQ: London Heathrow (LHR)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2018, 4:49 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere

This thread contains the wiki for transfer information to/from London Heathrow Airport (LHR). Please update the information above as you see fit, and use the thread below to discuss.

stut
UK & Ireland
Old May 1, 2018, 12:28 pm

The coach from Heathrow to Oxford is operated by Oxford Bus Company, not National Express, and more details are available here: https://airline.oxfordbus.co.uk/heathrow/
Old May 15, 2018, 7:49 am

Further text amendments, reflecting change to Connect services from 20 May.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:39 am

Minor edit. Confirmation of date (19 Feb) from which oyster / contactless will be valid on Heathrow Express (at premium fares)
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:08 am

Programs: AA, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Question about LHR and getting around terminals Landside: I will be arriving LHR in T3 (AA), and have a Priority Pass membership. There is an arrivals lounge landside in T2 that has showers included. What is the best way to proceed? We will be coming in from the US, so I assume we must do the transfer landside. Is there a shuttle or bus to take us from one terminal to another? Or a walkway on the outside of customs and security? Also, can we then catch the Heathrow Express to Paddington in T2 landside?
Old Feb 13, 2019, 2:14 pm

You clear immigration and reclaim bags in T3, then you can walk to T2. There is a (clearly signposted) walking route - which has moving walkways to help you along. This walking route also takes you to the stations (for HEx and Piccadilly line).
Is Paddington your final destination in London? If it isn't, HEx should not be your default choice,
Smrtmom1 likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by rcspeirs
You clear immigration and reclaim bags in T3, then you can walk to T2. There is a (clearly signposted) walking route - which has moving walkways to help you along. This walking route also takes you to the stations (for HEx and Piccadilly line).
Is Paddington your final destination in London? If it isn't, HEx should not be your default choice,
Paddington is our destination. We will be taking the HEX to that station, then checking into the Hilton London Paddington (we will be dropping off our bags and then go walking around until our room is ready). That is our hotel for the 1st few days of our visit. Also, we won't have any checked bags. Carry on only this trip. My husband and I travel light whenever possible.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 5:21 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Edit: Problem resolved.
Smrtmom1 likes this.

Last edited by WorldLux; Feb 15, 2019 at 6:28 am
Old Apr 12, 2019, 3:51 pm
Suspended

Not to mention the increase in prices due to ULEZ and the new law on London congestion charge therefore taxi companies have increased their prices
Old May 3, 2019, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
If I land Friday 1300 @ T4 on EY. What's the earliest I can make it to Kings Cross? I will be flying Premium and have a UK passport so should get out relatively quickly. Once at Paddington via Hex is it easier to Taxi it or Underground with a suitcase. Looking at the route I need to change underground twice? Which might be a hassle. Need to be at KGX by 1500.
Old May 3, 2019, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
I would happily take the Piccadilly line from T4 to King's Cross and is 60 minutes and is a one seat ride.
:D! likes this.
Old May 4, 2019, 12:46 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by onlysuites
If I land Friday 1300 @ T4 on EY. What's the earliest I can make it to Kings Cross? I will be flying Premium and have a UK passport so should get out relatively quickly. Once at Paddington via Hex is it easier to Taxi it or Underground with a suitcase. Looking at the route I need to change underground twice? Which might be a hassle. Need to be at KGX by 1500.
If you can get to the Piccadilly line platform in 45 minutes or less, you should take the Piccadilly line train at 1347 which arrives Kings Cross St Pancras at 1449. Costs £3.10

If you just missed that, you can get the 1352 TfL Rail stopping service (from the rail station not the tube) to Paddington which arrives at 1426. At Paddington, from the rear end of the train, go up to the footbridge, turn right along the bridge and walk to a concourse. On your right is the taxi rank. On your left is the Hammersmith and City line station which has trains to Kings Cross St Pancras without needing to change. There is a tube at 1434 which arrives 1447. Costs £12.50

If you arrive landside later than 1350, get the 1411 TfL Rail service to Terminals 2/3 then change to the Heathrow Express at 1418 which arrives Paddington 1435. The H&C line runs at 1439 arriving 1452 or 1444 arriving 1456½. Costs £24.40. A taxi is unlikely to get you there faster than that, unless the tube has delays.
onlysuites likes this.
Old May 4, 2019, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by :D!
If you can get to the Piccadilly line platform in 45 minutes or less, you should take the Piccadilly line train at 1347 which arrives Kings Cross St Pancras at 1449. Costs £3.10

If you just missed that, you can get the 1352 TfL Rail stopping service (from the rail station not the tube) to Paddington which arrives at 1426. At Paddington, from the rear end of the train, go up to the footbridge, turn right along the bridge and walk to a concourse. On your right is the taxi rank. On your left is the Hammersmith and City line station which has trains to Kings Cross St Pancras without needing to change. There is a tube at 1434 which arrives 1447. Costs £12.50

If you arrive landside later than 1350, get the 1411 TfL Rail service to Terminals 2/3 then change to the Heathrow Express at 1418 which arrives Paddington 1435. The H&C line runs at 1439 arriving 1452 or 1444 arriving 1456½. Costs £24.40. A taxi is unlikely to get you there faster than that, unless the tube has delays.
Thank you for taking the time out and giving such detailed instructions. Haven't gone through LHR T4 in a while. If I get off the airplane at 115 what time can I expect to make it to the Rail station?
Old May 6, 2019, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Haven't gone through LHR T4 in a while. If I get off the airplane at 115 what time can I expect to make it to the Rail station?
Bump. Anyone?
Old Jan 16, 2020, 2:36 pm

Programs: WS Nothing, AC Something, AS Gold. Too big for 737Max washrooms
I have an itinerary next month on BA in F, MAD-LHR-YVR

MAD-LHR arrives in T5
LHR-YVR departs T3.

As an F passenger, what can I expect in terms of getting between T5 and T3? Am I on the Piccadilly line as usual or are other arrangements made for F PAX?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.