Wiki Posts
Search

English Food

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2017, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Originally Posted by Scots_Al
No, me too! There's a great Facebook account called 'We want plates' which shares photos of some of the aberrations you get these days!
I just saw that. I haven't laughed like that in a while! The sandwich in the phone box is awesome, as is the chicken tikka stairs with the chutney cupboard.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 7:07 pm

Programs: rapidly diminishing
Originally Posted by sarahluv
oh and Dishoom always has a queue. I'd recommend going over to Aldgate/Whitechapel and going to Tayyabs or the Lahore kebab house instead.
Tayyabs is always on my list whenever I'm back in London. Whenever I mention it, there never seems to be a shortage of London pals to meet up...

Needoos is also supposed to be good. Still haven't got round to "defecting", though.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 7:44 pm

Programs: rapidly diminishing
Originally Posted by sarahluv
Fryers delight in Holborn is my favourite. proper old fashioned chippie.
^^^

Fishcotheque is fairly good, location is handy if you're changing at Waterloo.

But fryers delight is the one to head for, IMO.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 10:34 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
Originally Posted by sofasurfer
^^^

Fishcotheque is fairly good, location is handy if you're changing at Waterloo.

But fryers delight is the one to head for, IMO.
If in Waterloo it's better to head a little further past the Old Vic to Masters Superfish (the road outside is lined with black cabs!).
Old Apr 11, 2017, 4:02 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
Originally Posted by zappomatic
If in Waterloo it's better to head a little further past the Old Vic to Masters Superfish (the road outside is lined with black cabs!).
agreed!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.