Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Bus Routes

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2013, 5:17 am
Original Poster

Best Bus Routes

Found this blog and thought I would share it. Nothing is more fun for me than riding the local buses.

http://blog.visitlondon.com/2012/07/...ing-in-london/
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
The blog has missed the best route of all - the Number 11.

This bus starts at Liverpool Street and goes past:

- The Bank of England
- The Royal Exchange
- Mansion House
- St Paul's Cathedral
- The Temple
- The Royal Courts of Justice
- The theatreland of Covent Garden, Aldwych and The Strand
- Trafalgar Square
- Whitehall
- Downing Street
- The Houses of Parliament and the Palace of Westminster
- Westminster Cathedral
- Westminster Abbey
- Victoria
- Sloane Square and the Kings Road shopping district.

All for £1.40 it's the best bargain in tourist London, especially if you get seats at the front on the top deck.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA Silver, IHG Plat AMB, Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis Presidents Club; Caesars Diamond Plus
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by lhrsfo
The blog has missed the best route of all - the Number 11.This bus starts at Liverpool Street and goes past:

- The Bank of England
- The Royal Exchange
- Mansion House
- St Paul's Cathedral
- The Temple
- The Royal Courts of Justice
- The theatreland of Covent Garden, Aldwych and The Strand
- Trafalgar Square
- Whitehall
- Downing Street
- The Houses of Parliament and the Palace of Westminster
- Westminster Cathedral
- Westminster Abbey
- Victoria
- Sloane Square and the Kings Road shopping district.

All for £1.40 it's the best bargain in tourist London, especially if you get seats at the front on the top deck.
I agree! I went to London with friends a few months ago and made sure we hopped on the #11 bus (top deck) for a great (and very inexpensive!) tour.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 2:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by lhrsfo
That sounds like a great bus! Does the £1.40 go toward the Oyster Card daily price capping?
Old Jan 30, 2013, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by Analise
That sounds like a great bus! Does the £1.40 go toward the Oyster Card daily price capping?
It's a regular route so it's covered by the cap and passes.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by JanePond
Found this blog and thought I would share it. Nothing is more fun for me than riding the local buses.

I can think of a few things many enjoy riding more than busses, but each to their own...!

If you like riding buses, you should team up with mrs poppleton and her seminal trip on the Yorkshire Coastliner.

I'd say it's just about the best trip report on Flyertalk:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...ay-2008-a.html
Old Jan 31, 2013, 2:37 am

I have been suggesting the 11 as the alternative to the HOHOs for years. It goes on from Sloane Square through Chelsea to Fulham Broadway Station 'where the world starts' according to the shopping centre above, although they seem to have dropped that slogan. [World's End is in Chelsea of course.]
Old Jan 31, 2013, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by jedikiah
I have been suggesting the 11 as the alternative to the HOHOs for years. It goes on from Sloane Square through Chelsea to Fulham Broadway Station 'where the world starts' according to the shopping centre above, although they seem to have dropped that slogan. [World's End is in Chelsea of course.]
Indeed yes, and if our mythical tourist is a Chelsea FC fan, Fulham Broadway is the place to end up to buy all the overpriced memorabilia, or use your overpriced ticket to watch Chelsea fail to win yet again....
Old Feb 4, 2013, 10:38 am

Programs: BA bronze card, NHS Blood Donor silver card
Originally Posted by JanePond

There's something a bit fishy about the photo in that blog post. The 141 does go south of the river, but just to London Bridge station - not to the distinctly pedestrian-only plaza in front of City Hall and Potters Fields...

For a more thorough account of travelling on bus routes in London, The Ladies who Bus are blogging about all of them, in order.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.