Bose QC15 price at LHR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bose QC15 price at LHR

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:27 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold (current GGL), HH Diamond
This was quite a timely thread ... I've been considering the QC15 for a long time, but I just can't stand over the ear headphones. I was almost ready to give in and make some space in my travel bag before some travel next week ...

I hadn't heard about the QC20 until the mention here ... so I went out and picked up a pair at Best Buy. Wow ... I've never experienced that sort of noise cancelling with in ear headphones.

I like the fit ... doesn't feel too different from the MIE2 or SIE2, which I find to be very comfortable. They are a bit more snug fitting into the ear canal opening, but comfortable ... they don't feel as invasive as a Sony noise reduction pair that I tried before.

I look forward to putting them to more extensive use on some flights next week ...
Old Aug 6, 2013, 12:15 pm
pb3

Programs: BAEC - Blue - How the once mighty have fallen
Originally Posted by nwmgc
Just to add that the part exchange option does indeed work in the UK. Took my 10 year old chipped and crumbly QC2 to Bose in Regent Street (just the 'phones required - no wires or case) and walked out with shiny new QC15 (with the iPod wiring too!) for £109. I was really impressed, but this is where Bose score: they'll keep my custom.
This is brilliant. My trusty QC3 headphones are many years old and aside from a chafed headband the right side has developed an annoying hissing and crackling sound.

I was resigning myself to having to buy a new pair, but this is certainly worth a trip into London.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that they do the same!
Old Aug 6, 2013, 12:21 pm

Programs: BA GGL (CCR), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IC RA, Club Carlson Gold
Just to add that the part exchange option does indeed work in the UK. Took my 10 year old chipped and crumbly QC2 to Bose in Regent Street (just the 'phones required - no wires or case) and walked out with shiny new QC15 (with the iPod wiring too!) for £109. I was really impressed, but this is where Bose score: they'll keep my custom.
I didn't think Bose did part exchange. A friend of mine called up the Bose UK and was told this is not something they do. Is it just certain stores?
Old Aug 6, 2013, 3:38 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by PICA
I didn't think Bose did part exchange. A friend of mine called up the Bose UK and was told this is not something they do. Is it just certain stores?
They don't do part exchange, but will upgrade your headphones to the latest version if your current ones develop a 'fault'. For a fee of course.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 10:30 am

In fact, bose will offer a 'service replacement' of any non warranty headphones that are, errr foxtroted.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 6:18 am
pb3

Programs: BAEC - Blue - How the once mighty have fallen
Originally Posted by lemira
In fact, bose will offer a 'service replacement' of any non warranty headphones that are, errr foxtroted.
Oh GET IN! I just taken my old and dying QC3s in and walked out with a brand new replacement with Ipod cable for £119. ^. They do not swap the case or battery but I'm not complaining.

Thanks to the group for this heads-up. I'd been resigned to parting with just south of 300 notes for a replacement set before this thread.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Bose don't like people selling 'grey imports'. As soon as they complain, E-bay ban you without warning.

I got back on - but I needed to send proof of my identity. I hardly use it anymore (this was probably about 8 years ago).
Why didn't you just set up a new account as is done by some obvious folk on here?
Old Aug 16, 2013, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks so much for this. Having seen your post I popped into the shop yesterday to exchange my six year old headset for a nice shiny new one.

The price was GBP 119 for me, and to think that I nearly paid GBP 268.96 for a completely new set at T5 a few weeks ago!
Old Aug 21, 2013, 2:14 am

Is the trade in deal available anywhere in heathrow?
Old Aug 21, 2013, 2:47 am

Just to go OT even more...

Does anyone know if the QC20s are available at Dixons yet? I'm heading out to Dubai on Saturday, and I'm hoping to save a few quid.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 12:45 am

Has anyone worn the QC20s for 10 or so hours? If so, what's the comfort like?

rb211.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 1:01 am

Have a look at the following thread for some FTers reviews.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...l#post21312608

To answer my own question, the QC20s are not available in the UK until 2nd September. I tried a set at a Bose store last night, and they sounded fantastic.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 8:47 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold (current GGL), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RB211
Has anyone worn the QC20s for 10 or so hours? If so, what's the comfort like?

rb211.
I used them DFW-LHR and back last week and found them to be quite effective and comfortable...including wearing while sleeping. The latter is a big plus for me, because over the air does not work for me while sleeping.

Determining which size earbud was a little challenging at first, but I broke them in some before the trip. The default medium seemed right at first, but after a couple of hours, noise reduction wasn't as good, and I refitted the large earbud.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 8:55 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
I like the look of the QC20s, but I find some in ear headphones amplify noises, like me breathing, eating etc. which I find really annoying. Do I just need to get over this or stop eating? (the breathing thing I find quite important)
Old Sep 17, 2013, 1:42 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
A quick update on the QC20s ... now in T5 Dixons at £258 or on-line in the UK from bose.co.uk for £259 .

Yes, you read that correctly!

Alternatively, buy them when next in the USA for a significant saving.

They are terrific by the way, I did an uncontrolled, non-blinded study with the QC15 and the sennheiser PXC-250-II - QC20s are noticeably better, in my opinion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.