Bose QC15 price at LHR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bose QC15 price at LHR

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2013, 3:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, BAEC Silver, Thai Silver, Bangkok Air, Krisflyer Blue
Just bought a pair on EBAY - £142 - as new and the latest model with the iPod/iPhone lead included.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by qwest01
Just bought a pair on EBAY
There are some good value pairs to be had on eBay, but it's just worth remembering that there are some very good fakes around. This is an example 'unboxing' of some fakes ... amazingly close to the real ones. I believe the fakes work (noise cancelling etc) to some extent so it's hard to tell.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 9:54 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by GeeMac
£300 v $350 and $1.6(ish) for every £1, as our American friends say, you do the math!

If you have ipod/phone make sure you get the new ones with the iPod control.

FYI, US Bose stores are running a new for old scheme for QC15 & 30 headphones in the US for $100. Worth checking out, my 5yo QC15's were right tatty, so a no-brainer for me.
This new for old schene, has that got an expiry date? Does it apply for my old QC2?

Globalist
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by FF
You might even see a Best Buy (unmanned) booth at the airport where you can just pop in your credit card and get them for $299 (plus $10-15 tax).
Yes, I saw those machines.

Don't think I would get a pair from ebay, too nervous about fakes.

BTW, they finally answered at the TI yesterday and the price is 279 GBP at the duty free.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 1:19 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Globalist
This new for old schene, has that got an expiry date? Does it apply for my old QC2?

Globalist
I'm not sure as I never ever saw it advertised anywhere, but the many times I've been to the store in Minneapolis, they've told me it was ongoing and available at all stores.

Suggest taking them along to the store and asking
Old Jan 27, 2013, 2:26 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, BAEC Silver, Thai Silver, Bangkok Air, Krisflyer Blue
Very OT: Bose QC15 price at LHR

While EBAY can be a minefield for fake items especially electronics and software and fancy cosmetics, if you are alert and follow some basic rules then you can be successful as a buyer. I've been a buyer and seller on ENAY for over ten years now and only had two bad experiences in all that time. Both were resolved in my favour and I received refunds through Paypal for them.
One was for something that was never sent and the seller ignored all communications from me, EBAY and Paypal so then Paypal just took my payment back from the seller's account and put it back in mine. The second was really a mistake by me, I let my guard down and bought some software which in hindsight was clearly going to be a fake. Seller had very low feedback score, and other things I should have noticed. Again EBAY and Paypal refunded my money. So I would say be alert but don't rule out EBAY without at least a look.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 3:41 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Fruitcake
Very enterprising. And I don't know what BOSE were whinging about - they set their differentiated prices after all (pretty much). Are you still banned?
Bose don't like people selling 'grey imports'. As soon as they complain, E-bay ban you without warning.

I got back on - but I needed to send proof of my identity. I hardly use it anymore (this was probably about 8 years ago).
Old Jan 27, 2013, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by Globalist

Globalist
I had an old set of QC2 where the foam had split after many years of use. I took them to a Bose store in Houston, and they allowed me to trade in for $100.

So, a small knife could be useful here
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:09 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I had an old set of QC2 where the foam had split after many years of use. I took them to a Bose store in Houston, and they allowed me to trade in for $100.

So, a small knife could be useful here
I can confirm that I was able to trade in my QC1s (they were really on their death bed) for shiny new QC15s for $129+tax.

They wouldn't just trade them in, they needed to be "defective" (which was very simple to show)
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:50 am

Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)
I tried to trade my QC3's in at a Vegas store (at the outlets) and they just laughed at me and told me I had to pay full price. They are even more tatty now so I may try again.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:45 pm

Programs: QFF P1 LTG, lots of others
I'd wait for the US if you can. The QC15s are great!
Old Aug 4, 2013, 3:25 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
Originally Posted by Private Pyle
I tried to trade my QC3's in at a Vegas store (at the outlets) and they just laughed at me and told me I had to pay full price. They are even more tatty now so I may try again.
I think they only do this at their "factory store" type of outlet, where they also carry refurbished products.

Don't forget that European prices include VAT at their ridiculous 20% rates, which you get back as a non-resident. Which makes the 'duty free' prices in LHR seem all the more inflated.
I wanted to get me a pair of the new QC20s there but will hold off that purchase and get them in the US.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 3:28 am

Programs: QFF P1 LTG, lots of others
I waited to get mine in the US - much cheaper
Old Aug 4, 2013, 3:33 am

Old Aug 4, 2013, 3:47 am

Programs: BA Silver
Bose in this country do a part exchange as well. The pads on mine had worn out so I phoned the head office to see where I cold get replacements and I was offered the chance to part exchange for a new pair. I can't remember the exact price but it was at least £150 less than retail. I ended up buying replacement pads for £20

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.