West London Parliamentary Trains to cease

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

West London Parliamentary Trains to cease

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2012, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by Jimmie76
As the new franchise hasn't come into effect they can't legally stop the service yet but they will do as soon as the new franchise comes into being.
The new (combined Southern + Thameslink) franchise was never supposed to come into effect before late-2013?

The new times are 10:02 Kensington (Olympia)->Wandsworth Road, and 16:10 Wandsworth Road->Kensington (Olympia). Obviously timed at the end of morning peak and start of evening peak. They do seem to conflict with London Overground's schedules, though, so I'm sure they'd like to get rid of them for this reason.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Originally Posted by Reason077
This is a *new* parliamentary train service! It's presumably needed because of the cancellation of Southern's LBG-VIC via Denmark Hill services, which were replaced with London Overground services that otherwise don't serve Battersea Park.
Could you stop telling me stuff like that please? I am going to become a ghost train stalker
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Reason077
The new (combined Southern + Thameslink) franchise was never supposed to come into effect before late-2013?

The new times are 10:02 Kensington (Olympia)->Wandsworth Road, and 16:10 Wandsworth Road->Kensington (Olympia). Obviously timed at the end of morning peak and start of evening peak. They do seem to conflict with London Overground's schedules, though, so I'm sure they'd like to get rid of them for this reason.
It starts at CLP at 16:09 for the full journey.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Jenbel
Could you stop telling me stuff like that please? I am going to become a ghost train stalker
It's your turn to provide the refreshments if you fancy doing that one with me.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 1:56 pm

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.
Looks like TFL has listened to reason, and is keep pedestrian access across the bridge.

Transport for London (TfL) will be introducing automatic ticket gates and also preserving pedestrian access across a footbridge at London Overground's Kensington (Olympia) station.

While the gates are being installed, an additional staircase will also be built to relieve congestion and provide an unobstructed pedestrian route between Olympia Way and Russell Road.

Following feedback from the community and their council representatives, plans for the station were revised to maintain unrestricted pedestrian access across the footbridge. The platforms will be inaccessible from this segregated pedestrian route.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 3:25 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, BA Amex PP
Was very surprised to find out about this route from Clapham High St station this morning (my everyday station now since the Overground to the city started) however the way I found out sadly is from a notice outside saying this route is soon to stop in the next week. I probably wont get a chance to try it now!!
Old Jun 13, 2013, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by GregWTravels
Looks like TFL has listened to reason, and is keep pedestrian access across the bridge.

Transport for London (TfL) will be introducing automatic ticket gates and also preserving pedestrian access across a footbridge at London Overground's Kensington (Olympia) station.

While the gates are being installed, an additional staircase will also be built to relieve congestion and provide an unobstructed pedestrian route between Olympia Way and Russell Road.

Following feedback from the community and their council representatives, plans for the station were revised to maintain unrestricted pedestrian access across the footbridge. The platforms will be inaccessible from this segregated pedestrian route.
Waste of money, IMO.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 3:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Oh dear - would you prefer to live under the bridge, rather than cross it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.