Reload this Page >

Delays at UK airports ...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delays at UK airports ...

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2012, 4:20 am

I have quite often seen the EU/EEA queue much longer and slower than the non-EU queue, not so much at Heathrow but at Gatwick. On one occasion the one passport control officer allocated to the non-EU queue was checking EU passports and would simply break off from doing that when the occasional non-EU passenger came along and would deal with that person before going back to the EU passengers. So, whereas the EU passengers were waiting for half an hour or so (not an hour, as above, on this occasion, thankfully), the few non-EU passengers had no wait at all. That's just the luck of the draw, of course, but equally there clearly needed to be more people working at the EU passport desks, whereas "a tenth" of a person was adequate for the non-EU queue ...
Old May 12, 2012, 4:18 pm

On Saturday, May 5th, I was number 1 in line in the preferred/pink line around 8:00 AM term 3 after flying in first class on AA. On Tuesday, May 8th my friend arrived on an BA flight at terminal 5, non-EU line, no preferred status around 1:00 PM and it took her 30 minutes to clear and collect her luggage.
Old May 13, 2012, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by Christopher
I have quite often seen the EU/EEA queue much longer and slower than the non-EU queue, not so much at Heathrow but at Gatwick.
Gatwick has few flights from outside the EU and those that they do have tend not to arrive all at once as at Heathrow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.