UK exit checks in 2015 ?!?!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UK exit checks in 2015 ?!?!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2011, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by ajax
And you almost always only get checked when entering the ROI - almost never when coming into the UK. At least by plane IME.
That will be because the ROI modified the requirements a few years ago; you have to prove you are a citizen of UK/CI arriving from UK/CI in order to avoid having to provide a passport. Of course, the easiest way to do this is... by providing a passport! (I'm sure they'd accept an alternative photo ID showing place of birth in the UK/CI, or photo ID plus birth certificate, plus boarding pass in each case, but it does seem rather a lot faster to just enter as an EU citizen.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.