Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

Pubs, Dublin (Trinity College/Merrion Sq.)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2010, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Many, slipping beneath the horizon

Having more confidence in the perspective of FTers (even OMNIites) than the gamut of TripAdvisor posters, I'm seeking advice and recommendations on Dublin pubs in the Trinity College/Merrion Square area.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 3:42 pm

Near Trinity , traditional pubs I might visit would include Bowes on the bit of Fleet St between D'Olier St and Westmoreland St, the Palace Bar on Fleet St at the start of the Temple Bar area, O'Neills on Pearse St near Shaw St junction and Mulligans on Poolbeg St. If I wanted to sit down in comfortable surroundings I might go to the Bankers on Trinity St. All of these are marked on Google Maps.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 3:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alta, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum
Also: Kehoes, The Stag's Head, Mulligans, Donohues, The Porterhouse (which brews its own beers)
Old Nov 20, 2010, 8:11 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
That's a great slection of pubs right there. You need look no further.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 1:42 am

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
I'll throw my hat in this ring and also nominate Bowes. Have had much success with craic and music on several visits on varying days of the week. I shall return in mid January and hope for some more.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 2:59 pm
Suspended

And I humbly submit Messrs Maguire as a quality boozer.
But that's only if you're not looking for a faux begorrah diddly-eye top of the morning sure we'll be having a great craic with Irish Stew on the menu and a dusty old bike in the window sort of pub.

www.messrsmaguire.ie/
Old Nov 24, 2010, 5:15 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, PriorityClub Platinum
There's also the Sub Lounge under Tara Street Station - cheapest pints around, and a unique environment. Apart from that, my favourite pub there is Kehoes. Both excellent choices. My favorite is curling up in the back room at Kehoes with a few friends and pints.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.