Transfer of Lifetime Miles

Old Dec 2, 01, 1:00 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Transfer of Lifetime Miles

I know we have all talked on the board about the transfer of lifetime miles, and that it SEEMS AA has agreed to do this. Anyone had their lifetime TW mileage balance transfer over yet and show up in their AA account? Thanks for any info or updates.

Djlawman
Old Dec 3, 01, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
Just (today Dec 3) got from Aviators to AAdv the few 100s miles that accumulated since I xfered all miles in Aug. This happened automatically.
I did NOT get prog-to-date miles (in this case the miles of TWA I already used for awards on TWA).
I did not even get updated the YTD points/miles/segments for TWA flights in 2001. These were Clearly promised.
So- I think we got to wait few more days or weeks??
Old Dec 3, 01, 2:02 pm

Same here. Only my current Aviators balance transferred. Not lifetime balance. Entry on AAdvantage is dated Dec 3 01.
Old Dec 3, 01, 8:37 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA Plat, UA Ag Past 3-time WN Companion Pass, A+, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold,Ntl EmEx
I thought all they agreed to do was transfer your current balance of Aviators into Aadvantage.

After I did the transfer around the 15th of November I called and asked about the number of flight segments that transfered, and they had to call TWA, but located that number and the YTD mileage on TWA.

As is the case with everyone else the number of TWA flight segments doesn't show up anywhere. However they told me the number and said that they would include the TWA segments and miles toward elite level. I was just shy of Elite-1, so was anxious to make sure I could combine AA & TWA for AA elite status. I should be at Platinum next week, so will call and check on it when the miles post. Hopefully they will remember what they promised.
Old Dec 4, 01, 6:49 pm

Programs: Ex-BA Silver; Ex-UA Premier
I hope Mr.Marky is lurking around this board because I believe he wrote AA about the transfer of Lifetime Aviator Miles to LT AA status. I think he posted the AA reply on the Plane Business board; but that BB is now history.

It too had my current available TWA miles posted to my current AA acount; but the LT TWA miles are nowhere to be seen.
Old Dec 4, 01, 8:30 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kappa:
I hope Mr.Marky is lurking around this board because I believe he wrote AA about the transfer of Lifetime Aviator Miles to LT AA status. I think he posted the AA reply on the Plane Business board; but that BB is now history.</font>
Mr.Marky's post from Plane Business has been reposted on this board (also see the discussion that followed): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum71/HTML/004280.html
Old Dec 5, 01, 12:45 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ctuttle:
I thought all they agreed to do was transfer your current balance of Aviators into Aadvantage.</font>
Per CSR at AADV, they are waiting a resonable amount of time to allow late-posting miles to hit Aviators before transferring the info between programs. The date is mid-December.

They have agreed to exchange unused miles, match privilege card levels through 2001 (and hen extended them all through 2002) and also add Aviators cummulative miles to AAdvantage cummulative miles for the purpose of recognizing Million Miler status.
Old Dec 5, 01, 1:56 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt, BonWhut?
ah, just got off the phone w/aa
actual miles flown on twa will not be added to aa miles for status until sometime in january, so those moving from (elite)gold to plt, or (elite1)plt to exp based on twa actual miles flown w/aa miles are not going to see status changes until then.

so, forget your new swanky black or silver cards getting you through security faster at certain airports.

I would be heartened if I saw AA do two things.

# really post miles to date on twa and add them to aa miles. I'll believe it when i see it.

# give elites on twa, mileage credit for upgrades (4-500 mile for 10,000 actual miles flown) as soon as miles are integrated.

other than that, i'll just hold by breath and hope the miles integrate and we get what we are due.

lala

Search this Thread