Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Curbside check-in

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2001, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Curbside check-in

I'm doing STL-LGW next month and just bought my ticket and got this in my confirmation e-ail:

"The following is your receipt and itinerary confirmation for your Trans
World Electronic Ticketing purchase. No ticket is required for travel.
You will be required to present a photo ID at passenger check-in to
obtain your boarding pass. Luggage may be checked in at the ticket
counter or at curbside; receipt is required for curbside check-in."

Is this right? I can still do curbside check-in for an international flight on an E ticket? Thought all that had stopped.

If curb side check in is indeed allowed can I then proceed directly to the gate to get my boarding pass(seat already assigned)? Reason I am asking is that last couple of times I have been to the airport in that last month and flown AA the TWA check in lines were horrendous and as I am travelling with my 2 year old I want to try to reduce waiting in line time to a minimum.
Old Oct 23, 2001, 8:32 am

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass
I don't believe you can do curbside baggage check-in for International flights, although I'm not 100% certain.

At Lambert, there is a separate check-in area for international flights. Considering that TWA's international service out of Lambert is now the flight to LGW plus whatever service they have left to Canada and Mexico, the lines shouldn't be too bad for your trip.

Greg
Old Oct 23, 2001, 9:59 am

You can not do curbside check-in for the London flight. They pre-screen all checked bags at a machine situated at the western end of the first class/buy tickets counter. I don't know if there is a separate line for elites/first class.

Curb side check-in has resumed for domestic flights out of Lambert. The security point at the B concourse has been closed, everyone must go through at the C/D concourse security checkpoint. There is a rat's maze and sometimes a line extending through the terminal, but it moves fairly quickly.
Old Oct 23, 2001, 2:58 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Hey guys,
Just so you know if you book your STL-LGW flight before 11/30 and upgrade to TWO, you only need to take out 40K, unlike the
50K you need for an international upgrade.

So, we're doing it for Jan. Nice not to have to go through DFW.

lala
Old Oct 23, 2001, 10:30 pm

Thanks lala,

I just got in this morning from my trip to HNL and OGG. Fantastic weekend. Upgrades both ways. Very enjoyable flights.

My STL-HNL flight already posted this morning and I received 11,534 miles. My total roundtrip fare was $379.

If I could get a very cheap fare to LGW I might consider using miles to upgrade, but in a sense the Hawaii flights are a good deal with the complimentary upgrades.
Old Oct 25, 2001, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Thanks guys, I usually use AA through ORD (I know I get more miles through DFW but I my 2 year old usually flys with me so the extra miles are not worth the extra time in the tube) but am trying TWA now that they are part of AA and are giving the double mile bonus. Good to know that there is a seperate check in for international, the lines I have been seeing recently at the TWA counters have been very very long.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.