Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avatormiles to AMEX or AA???

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2001, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Avatormiles to AMEX or AA???

I have seen several posts regarding AMEX points transferred to TWA but not the other way.

I have currently 25.000 TWA miles and 14.000 AA miles. These miles have been earned over several years as I do fly very little with either airline. I do not expect to fly with AA and all miles on AA has been from travel rebooked by other airlines.

By transferring miles to AA I will have anough for a nice award ticket,- but by transferring the 25.000 miles from TWA to AMEX, I will have more than 100.000 points and many more possibilities for awards.

What would you expreienced travellers do if you were in my shoes?

Old Jun 20, 2001, 4:21 pm

Programs: Inf Elite CO, lifetime AA Platinum
You can't move miles from TWA back to American Express (Diner's and Hilton lets you do a little of this but you lose quite a bit in the transfer). If you have a bunch of Amex miles, why not trasnfer those to TWA and then those will go to AA?
Old Jun 20, 2001, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

Thanks freakflyer, I should have read the information from AMEX and TWA better before posting my question.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.