Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > TWA FFB/Aviators
Reload this Page >

Death on 3/03 for LIFETIME TWA Ambassadors

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2001, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

What great news , in 1981 I was awarded lifetime membership in the TWA Ambassador Club (in those days in Berlin, TWA's Mr. Posinelli came over with a bottle of bubbly and brought the wallplaque, card and pin). Now we have been sentenced to death-row. AA says, we don't have any lifetime members, we are just a low-life-form-of-peanuts-in-the-seatpocket-airline. Nylon napkins and plastic cups. Thank you. How come, in America, things always get worse, more expensive for lesser service, and low-classier-while-you-look. The Indians had about the lousiest immigration policy I can think of. Don't ask, don't tell, don't laugh.
Old Jun 8, 2001, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
How sad. See this link:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum49/HTML/000313.html
Old Jun 11, 2001, 3:16 pm

De Clipper Are you Alive? let's see TWA was on life support so without American you would have lost your lifetime Ambassador Club plus all your miles. Now you will loose just your club membership and not for a couple of years. You still get to keep your miles, fly to 3 times as many places and have a reliable airline. TWA people need to rejoice and be thankful.Why should all of us AA fliers have our chances of using miles be de-valued with another 10 million members coming on aboard and then you guys want instant elite membership and lifetime memberships. I honestly don't believe you believe that you are deserving of this.
Old Jun 11, 2001, 4:47 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by milesrus:
...You still get to keep your miles, fly to 3 times as many places and have a reliable airline. TWA people need to rejoice and be thankful.Why should all of us AA fliers have our chances of using miles be de-valued with another 10 million members coming on aboard and then you guys want instant elite membership and lifetime memberships. I honestly don't believe you believe that you are deserving of this.</font>
Operationally, TWA was a more reliable than American.

As for you "honestly (not believing) that (TWA people) believe (they) are deserving of this, I can only say http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/confused.gif.
Old Jun 11, 2001, 7:57 pm

Programs: AA 1MM/Gold, Marriott Gold
My aren't some of these AA flyers arrogant?
Old Jun 11, 2001, 8:19 pm

Location: AA-EXP(2MM+), Delta-Plat(1MM+), Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LifePlat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by TransWorldOne:
Operationally, TWA was a more reliable than American.</font>
I've booked two flights on TWA in the past two weeks. Two weeks ago, my connection in STL was 2.5 hours late due to a mechanical. This week had a mechanical out of MSY and I was re-routed on DL. I'm assuming you intentionally used the past tense "TWA was more reliable" - cuz it don't look like it's too reliable in the present tense.

No need to respond and tell me not to book a TWA flight - I won't.

BTW, did American force TWA into bankruptcy or did TWA do it on their own?

Old Jun 11, 2001, 8:41 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP& 2Million miler, Skywards Gold, Delta Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold
I joined PANAM's lifetime membership program paying $ 900 in 1983. When they went bust, Delta purchased some of their routes and gave the lifetime members a lifetime Crown room club membership. It is so valuable now as you get access to RCC as well. That is a great airline. American should be ashamed to disown lifetime Ambassador club members
Old Jun 11, 2001, 9:26 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by drbala:
I joined PANAM's lifetime membership program paying $ 900 in 1983. When they went bust, Delta purchased some of their routes and gave the lifetime members a lifetime Crown room club membership. It is so valuable now as you get access to RCC as well. That is a great airline. American should be ashamed to disown lifetime Ambassador club members</font>
My parents are retired senior citizens living in New Orleans. They have had to change HMO's 3 times in the past year due to the HMO's ending their business in Louisiana. Since previous illness coverage is so valuable, I think all of the doctors in south Louisiana should honor expired HMO's. The doctors should be ashamed if they don't do that.

[This message has been edited by High-Flyer (edited 06-11-2001).]
Old Jun 12, 2001, 2:02 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by High-Flyer:
I've booked two flights on TWA in the past two weeks. Two weeks ago, my connection in STL was 2.5 hours late due to a mechanical. This week had a mechanical out of MSY and I was re-routed on DL. I'm assuming you intentionally used the past tense "TWA was more reliable" - cuz it don't look like it's too reliable in the present tense.

No need to respond and tell me not to book a TWA flight - I won't.

BTW, did American force TWA into bankruptcy or did TWA do it on their own?
</font>
Hey, *******. You are correct-- I did use the past tense for a reason. By the way, go <deleted>

American helped TWA into bankruptcy. They were headed that direction with much assistance from Mr. Ichan.

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 30, 2015 at 11:52 am Reason: Expletive deleted
Old Jun 12, 2001, 2:04 pm
Original Member

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by High-Flyer:
No need to respond and tell me not to book a TWA flight - I won't.</font>
One more thing, you *******, I would never encourage even a ******* like yourself to book away from TWA.

Happy High Flying, "High-Flyer..."

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by TransWorldOne (edited 06-12-2001).]
Old Jun 12, 2001, 2:06 pm
Original Member

[B] My parents are retired senior citizens living in New Orleans. They have had to change HMO's 3 times in the past year due to the HMO's ending their business in Louisiana. Since previous illness coverage is so valuable, I think all of the doctors in south Louisiana should honor expired HMO's. The doctors should be ashamed if they don't do that. </font>
You are a <deleted>. Try posting a valid comparison...

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 30, 2015 at 11:53 am Reason: Expletives deleted
Old Jun 12, 2001, 2:08 pm
Original Member

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by socalterp:
My aren't some of these AA flyers arrogant?</font>
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wink.gif That's for sure... Perhaps one of those surly AA flight attendants will help High-Flyer come down from his "High-Horse!"
Old Jun 12, 2001, 2:28 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by TransWorldOne:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wink.gif That's for sure... Perhaps one of those surly AA flight attendants will help High-Flyer come down from his "High-Horse!"</font>
Hey congrats there - it only took you four posts to be able to make one without a lot of asterisks in the verbiage. Keep at it and I bet pretty soon you'll be able to type a whole paragraph without cursing. Temper...Temper...tsk, tsk....

BTW, if I get take down from my High Horse - we would both be horses as...well, never mind
Old Jun 12, 2001, 2:47 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP& 2Million miler, Skywards Gold, Delta Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold
High Flyer
You are amongst real high flyers and ill placed comments and sarcasm in poor taste will get you nothing except getting lots of asteriks from lots of us and getting flamed.
Old Jun 12, 2001, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by milesrus:
De Clipper Are you Alive? I don't believe you believe that you are deserving of this.</font>
A wonderful example of the American (horror) dream. It's tough here (hey, we holocausted all the Indians) , be lucky you did not get killed yet , 23% interest on Credit Cards, violent cops, lousy airlines, terrible food, just LOW class all the way.
I travelled on AA (they are now a Swissair partner), oh boy !, what a cheap racket. On my last transatlantic to Paris, the purser was an old PanAm guy, and he recognised me and excused AA the whole flight, for their terrible performance. Catering doesn't label the carts, the food sucks, the linen is cheap, the caviar pasteurized and the bread to die of. He tired good service, but what AA gives him, it's a shame.
Praise them all you want, TWA had style, something that AA couldn't buy if they wanted to. OK, bad management killed TWA, but maybe their VIP-Lifetimers make a classy crowd in the F-class cabins of AA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.