Aadvantage vs Aviator

Old Feb 14, 01, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Aadvantage vs Aviator

Where do we think is a better place to accumulate qualifing points, Aviator or Aadvantage?

Norm
Old Feb 14, 01, 8:29 am

Programs: Inf Elite CO, lifetime AA Platinum
What airline will you be flying on? TWA? If you are at the elite level, or can get there, you probably want to continue to put miles on TWA as you will get more miles (elite bonuses) and you can continue to upgrade. If you aren't elite or don't expect to get there, then AA may be the way to go since there are many more options to use AA miles than TWA miles.
Old Feb 14, 01, 12:00 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt, BonWhut?
I have thought long and hard about this and have decided to continue to put my miles on TWA. If the deal with AA goes through, I will assume that our levels will be matched. If not, then I'm stuck with AA miles that I may or may not use.

However, I would probably call AA and see if they would comp me to a Platinum (Elite1), if I wanted to fly them as my major carrier. The benefit of this is that they give 100% mileage bonuses as compared to the paltry 50% that TWA gives.

Speaking of which, has anyone tried this yet?

lala
Old Feb 14, 01, 1:22 pm

Programs: Inf Elite CO, lifetime AA Platinum
Don't forget that AA also has a lower level of minimum miles, so the 100% may be equivalent to the 50%. They also charge for upgrades, vs free for TWA.
Old Feb 14, 01, 10:34 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
Lots depends on your FF status. As TWA Platinum, I get 1,000 min per seg, + 1,000 (100%) bonus + miles equal to my fare + 1,000 miles for making Web reservations (2,000 Web reserv. now). So for a 4 seg. short flight, I get about 8,400 miles - of which 4,000 miles are "status" miles.

Don't think I can get same from AA.

And if AA takes over TWA miles 1 for 1, will all end up AA anyway. And status should be equaled as well.

May be opposite if you are High Status on AA and low on TWA.

Search this Thread