Wiki Posts
Search

IST - can checkin for flight airside?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2024, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Starwood, AA
IST - can checkin for flight airside?

I have two flights on TK connecting in IST. It's booked as two separate tickets and both are international. Is it possible to not go through immigration and check in for my second flight airside in IST? Is there a "transfer" section? This is assuming i'm traveling with carryon only. If I have to go through immigration, how long of a line can I expect as US citizen arriving 6am sunday morning?
I have 3 hours for this connection and trying to see if it's doable or too tight. I can't book it as one ticket, unfortunately.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 7:44 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
there are transfer desks opposite the security control for connecting flights. they should be able to issue boarding passes for onward flights on separate tickets.

check the terminal map on arriva level (in the center at the D-gate arrivals prior to security control) https://cdn.turkishairlines.com/m/12...37-800-png.pdf
Old Mar 27, 2024, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
3 hours is def. doable. As stated above there are TK transfer desks when you reach the main transfer security checks entrance. Just follow the signs for transfer/connecting flights; you can't miss the transfer desks. No need to go landside/to enter Turkey.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 1:50 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
If you are able to check in online and if you arrive from the US, you can bypass security at IST. I would suggest you try to do this. By presenting your onward BP on deplaning at IST, you will be directed straight to the gate area.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 2:08 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by ffay005
If you are able to check in online and if you arrive from the US, you can bypass security at IST. I would suggest you try to do this. By presenting your onward BP on deplaning at IST, you will be directed straight to the gate area.
the bypass security option is not available all the time (often there is lack of personel to check boarding passes for connecting passengers). on my last flights from Europe (Germany, Netherlands, Ireland) to IST where I connected there were no shortcuts open. you had to leave like anyone else and go through security again.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
the bypass security option is not available all the time (often there is lack of personel to check boarding passes for connecting passengers).
I'd like to believe it's a well thought out, and carefully implemented strategy to prevent people with ill-intent from being assured of a security-free entry to the wider airside arena.

In the same way i still believe in Father Christmas

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.