Community
Wiki Posts
Search

wrong mileage credit

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2024, 10:29 am
Original Poster

wrong mileage credit

I flew IST-SFO in December, got 6,704 miles credited for economy Q-class. For return trip sfo-ist in March (q-class) I got only half the miles credited in 2 stages - 1,676 + 1,676. Explained situation in the 'feed-back' form with TK since my 'missing miles' request did not solve the issue. Got boiler-plate reply that 'no errors were found' but no answer to my question why only half the miles now, and full miles in December. From what I saw on the TK site, nothing has changed to the miles earning rules.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 6:37 am

Programs: Thai, Cathay, Lufthansa, Delta, SPG, Hilton, IH, LHW
Weclome to Flyertalk!

Have you had a unvoluntary change of schedule? I had it few weeks ago and my new booking jumped down from Q-Q to U-E....U is only 25% of miles. I wrote them in advance and received an email confirming that I would receive the miles for Q-Q....24 hours after flying, obviously this did not happen! Sent them a reply to feed back....first stage they credited the miles, second stage after next email, they corrected the status miles.

It is annoying that even as a Elite member you need to monitor TK all the time...they do mistake all the time and are clearly not good as replying to feedback. I would send another completely new feedback with evidence and hope you get replied by somebody a little more professional! It sad, but tha'ts TK customer care level today!
Old Mar 26, 2024, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I agree. Sounds like your booking class for some reason was not 100% earning Q class, but a 25% earning booking class. The change of booking class could have occurred during rebooking (vol. or invol.). The reason you see it as 1,676 + 1,676 is miles + status miles (in the same way you probably see 6704 miles + 6704 status miles for your outbound.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 10:06 am
TSE

Programs: BA, LH, AF, TK
I recently went from a 100% class (Q) to a 50% class (T) after a voluntary rebooking despite making sure I selected a 100% option again. Despite having a screenshot of the rebooking page (where the posted class was not even an option!), CS insisted everything was correct and refused to credit the additional miles (fortunately it was only a couple of short flights). It lead me to wonder if rebooking just defaults to the lowest available class regardless of the original fare paid?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.