Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Questions about strange no-fee changes from Semi-Flexible to PrimeFly

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2024, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Hello. I have recently bought my first ever TK flight. It is a multi-city BLQ-IST-EDI in the summer. It is an unbranded Economy Semi-Flexible fare. The change fee is EUR 50 before departure and the cancellation fee is EUR 100 before departure. 20kg checked baggage allowance, no seat selection.

I can see in the app and the website that I can change the flights. Interestingly, I can select the exact same flights but choose the PrimeFly E class option (with 23kg baggage, seat selection, etc). The new fare rules are also changed to refund for EUR 80 and free changes (except for fare difference).

Now, I would have expected to have to pay EUR 50 for this change (as per original ticketing rule), but the strange thing is that when the "Amount to be paid" is shown, it is EUR 0.00. Is this correct or is there a glitch in the system? And would I do good to select the new, better fare, or should I stick with what I have to avoid problems on my ticket?

Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.