Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Schedule change on an award flight - What are my rights??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schedule change on an award flight - What are my rights??

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2024, 3:22 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
they might have changed the rebooking policies or aligned them with day of travel delay of flights handling.
free of charge reroute/rebook on international tickets allowed only on delays (probably also schedule changes) of more than 5 hours according to their current passenger rights publication.

Old Mar 12, 2024, 3:29 am

Programs: TK EP, AF Platinum for life, something in Oneworld not worth to mention...
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
they might have changed the rebooking policies or aligned them with day of travel delay of flights handling.
free of charge reroute/rebook on international tickets allowed only on delays (probably also schedule changes) of more than 5 hours according to their current passenger rights publication.

Sorry but I think you are mixing up revenue and non-revenue tix. Please see the discussion and OP title: we are discussing Award ticket situations...
Old Mar 12, 2024, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by kaspars
Sorry but I think you are mixing up revenue and non-revenue tix. Please see the discussion and OP title: we are discussing Award ticket situations...
involuntary handling is irrespective which kind of ticket you have.
once you have a valid ticket may it be revenue or award airlines cannot put different standards on the transportation contracts they have when they need to handle irregularities.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 6:22 am

answer from Turkish airlines regarding rebooking of award tickets upon schedule change/cancellation.

In case of scheduled change or flight cancellation, we would like to inform you that same as the paid tickets, you have the right to get a refund for your ticket. In addition to that, you can re-schedule your flight without paying anything extra to 7 days backward and 30 days onward based on the original travel date.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 7:10 am

Programs: TK EP, AF Platinum for life, something in Oneworld not worth to mention...
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
answer from Turkish airlines regarding rebooking of award tickets upon schedule change/cancellation.
Yes, we all know it. The thing is they are restricting the options for this move. Again, see my post above.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 3:54 pm

Programs: Delta, Turkish Elite, American
I also had a flight cancelation that was just announced for April. I booked a saver business award just before the devaluation for DUB-IST-CND, and they have canceled IST-CND which is a late evening flight. This flight operates the following morning (but otherwise is only 4 times a week and this option would require me to overnight in Istanbul). Can I just request to replace the flight with IST-OTP which operates at the same time as the original flight? I guess they won’t compensate me for the ground transportation from Bucharest to Constanta if so?

in the app, all of the alternate options are listed as full. I find this SO annoying that they can just not operate the flight if they don’t seem it profitable enough and I am left out to dry.

Will I have more luck if i got to the Turkish office in the airport vs calling or emailing?
Old Mar 18, 2024, 4:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
If you can call or email the TK office in OTP or DUB, I would try that as a first recourse before physically heading to the airport or ticket office.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by dkc192
If you can call or email the TK office in OTP or DUB, I would try that as a first recourse before physically heading to the airport or ticket office.
Email would not help...you need to go there or call them. Or call the call center. Changing departure/arrival airports in the same region is possible - but not sure what the chance of success will be, and no compensation for additional travel costs due to this change would be possible as per my understanding. Please report back to know how it all ended.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 10:07 pm

Just sharing my recent experience:

We were notified earlier this week that there was a schedule change for our upcoming business award flight from LAX-IST in about 3 weeks. The departure time was pushed back by 35 minutes so that our connection time to IST-KTM shortened to 90 minutes. The evening LAX-IST flight is often delayed, and if we missed the connection, we would have to wait 3 days for the next IST-KTM flight as it's only 4x weekly.

The app offered a few possible departures 2-3 days before our original flight, but luckily I saw another thread here where the OP changed their flights through the app and ended up downgraded to economy as the app doesn't display the class when selecting an alternative flight.

I sent an email to the LAX reservation office to ask if we could be moved to the afternoon LAX-IST departure (no business I space available). They responded within a day and said they would need to send a request to headquarters. A few hours later, they emailed back that it was approved and to confirm the change. Surprisingly, the whole process was painless and completed within a day.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 12:38 am

I went to the ticket counter at OTP yesterday. They initially tried to tell me the IST-OTP segment (operated on an A330) was completely sold
out in both cabins. Once I showed them that was not the case, they managed to change the reservation but said they are waiting on a response from Istanbul and I should get an email yesterday evening. The reservation now shows both the old flight and the new flight , but no email and doesn’t seem that the ticket was reissued. Guess I will wait a bit more then go back.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by kahuna613
they managed to change the reservation but said they are waiting on a response from Istanbul and I should get an email yesterday evening. The reservation now shows both the old flight and the new flight , but no email and doesn’t seem that the ticket was reissued. Guess I will wait a bit more then go back.
They did a provisional booking for the new flights, it shows but does not mean they have changed the reservation. Their back office shall approve that, and that might take even weeks in my experience, and your regular calls to the call center to verify status update, as you will not see if the new flights are yet approved or not. So be patient. Eventually it will work out - I hope...
Old Mar 25, 2024, 12:24 pm

Thanks I forwarded the email correspondence with the Bucharest office to the Dublin office and they replied within a few hours that they have forwarded the request for approval to HQ. we shall see…

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.