Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

777 Business class underseat/footrest stowaway size?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2024, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, Marriott, Hilton

Unfortunately it looks like from March 1 many flight equipment will be changing around the world, notable upgrades for N. American passengers and downgrades for Asian passengers. There was an article released from a well-known and trustworthy source on this a few months ago, I cannot find it right now. Anyway this isn't the point. Now that my aircraft is most probably going to be the 777 and will have a seat mate in business class, and my seat is a window seat, I would like to stuff my backpack under the footrest under the monitor. So I can easily access it during the flight instead of getting up. I know there is space there for a bag, but, what I do not know is the actual size of that space. Will an Osprey 40L bag fit under there? The bag meets international requirements for carry-on, but it tops out, so I am not sure there is enough space there to put it. Thanks.

Edit: I found the article for anyone interested. https://aviationa2z.com/index.php/20...onal-schedule/
Old Feb 19, 2024, 10:24 am

Programs: Jetblue, Turkish, Hilton Gold, Spirit Gold
The ottoman storage does not accommodate my personal item sized 17" Ogio laptop backpack. Crew will have to store it above for takeoff and landing.
travelerguru and DiamondMile like this.

Last edited by ovacikar; Feb 19, 2024 at 1:24 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.