Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

TK Earnings on AC Basic Eco (G) ticket slashed to 25%?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2024, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals

As the title states, has the TK earnings on AC changed recently for Basic Eco tickets?

Just took an international AC flight in Basic Eco (G) fare, and instead of 50% (according to the TK earning table for AC), received only 25% of the miles flown. Has anyone noticed any changes to their earnings on AC vis-a-vis what is mentioned on TK website?
Old Jan 17, 2024, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Flown in L fare class in November, got 50% mileage on Air Canada ( was not Basic Economy ).
Website was correct in my case.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Flown in L fare class in November, got 50% mileage on Air Canada ( was not Basic Economy ).
Website was correct in my case.
Good to know. For me as well, all my Comfort and Flex International fares credited as shown. I faced this issue only this time for the bottom of the barrel 'G' fare. Or another explanation maybe: even though it shows 'G' on my ticket, maybe it is a 'K' fare somehow?
Old Jan 23, 2024, 5:35 pm

Programs: TK M&S E, *A Gold, AP, Asia Miles, Nexus, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990
As the title states, has the TK earnings on AC changed recently for Basic Eco tickets?

Just took an international AC flight in Basic Eco (G) fare, and instead of 50% (according to the TK earning table for AC), received only 25% of the miles flown. Has anyone noticed any changes to their earnings on AC vis-a-vis what is mentioned on TK website?
With every international flight I've taken on an economy basic fare on AC, only 25% of miles has credited.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

yyzcdg - Per your post, if you have always been awarded 25% of miles for Eco Basic fares, then, either your were in 'K' fare or TK quietly changed the earnings for 'G' fares as well to 25%! For me, the choice was between S & G fare classes, and since they earn the exact same amount of status miles (or so I thought according to the chart below), went with 'G', only to be awarded 25% of the miles flown.

TK earning chart for flights on AC
Old Jan 23, 2024, 6:59 pm

yyzcdg - Per your post, if you have always been awarded 25% of miles for Eco Basic fares, then, either your were in 'K' fare or TK quietly changed the earnings for 'G' fares as well to 25%! For me, the choice was between S & G fare classes, and since they earn the exact same amount of status miles (or so I thought according to the chart below), went with 'G', only to be awarded 25% of the miles flown.
I'm well aware of TK's award chart and that TK's award chart has never reflected AC's branded fares (ie. basic, standard, flex, comfort, and latitude). Also, it is possible that AC fares from different fare brands map to a different fare class on TK's award chart.

Regardless, I know that AC gives their own Aeroplan members only 25% status miles for basic international fares, whether it be basic K , Y or B. Never made sense to me why TK would give more status miles for AC basic fares. I've accepted to only receive 25% miles.

Since 2019 I've flown YYZ>LIS (Basic L), YYZ> OPO(Basic L), and YYZ>CDG (Basic K, Basic T, Basic G). All flights have earned only 25% status miles on TK.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 9:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyzcdg
I'm well aware of TK's award chart and that TK's award chart has never reflected AC's branded fares (ie. basic, standard, flex, comfort, and latitude). Also, it is possible that AC fares from different fare brands map to a different fare class on TK's award chart.

Regardless, I know that AC gives their own Aeroplan members only 25% status miles for basic international fares, whether it be basic K , Y or B. Never made sense to me why TK would give more status miles for AC basic fares. I've accepted to only receive 25% miles.

Since 2019 I've flown YYZ>LIS (Basic L), YYZ> OPO(Basic L), and YYZ>CDG (Basic K, Basic T, Basic G). All flights have earned only 25% status miles on TK.

Two points:
  • First, if you have only received 25 % earned on anything other than 'K', it may be either an error on TK's end, them printing the chart incorrectly, them slashing the earnings, or something else. Regardless, with time and patience, if you wanted to chase it up with their CS (or maybe their Elite Plus line), you could have (esp. as you could reference their chart directly for booking class)
  • Second - just a simple 'where to credit' search (not saying it is a 100 % accurate, but a pretty solid starting point) reveals that there are many programs which, for example, earns 50% for 'G' fares. AP members earning 25%, has no bearing on whether TK (or A3 or OZ or any other program for that matter) should earn more or less than 25% %: https://www.wheretocredit.com/air-canada/g
Old Jan 25, 2024, 1:00 pm

Two points:
  • First, if you have only received 25 % earned on anything other than 'K', it may be either an error on TK's end, them printing the chart incorrectly, them slashing the earnings, or something else. Regardless, with time and patience, if you wanted to chase it up with their CS (or maybe their Elite Plus line), you could have (esp. as you could reference their chart directly for booking class)
I can only speak from my experience that all Basic Economy AC fares have been crediting at 25%, while Standard Economy AC fares (including K) have been crediting at 50% on TK. I suspect AC's branded fares map to (or get assigned) a different fare class on TK's chart. I may be wrong, but there are previous threads on this already.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.