Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2023, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: I wish :'(
Partner Award Flight Baggage Allowance

Hello,

I've seen the horror stories about UA award tickets on TK J flights:
TK charged for baggage on United Miles award ticket
Turkish Airlines charging for baggage on TK operated flight (United Award)
Turkish not honoring terms of United ticket (Mixed carrier / elite bag allowance)

Is there any way to confirm the checked baggage allowance for a partner award flight on the website or in the app?

I booked an award flight via ANA, but I can't find anywhere that states the default one. My ANA e-ticket shows 3 checked bags. In the TK app, I see "There is no baggage offer for the flight you have chosen" and 1 caring baggage + 1 personal item under "Extra Baggage", but I believe this only shows purchased addons.

Thanks!
Old Nov 27, 2023, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
My domestic ANA award flight booked by TK stated very clearly with 2 bags and it was 2 bags+1 through our status at check-in. Check your e-ticket issued by TK and you can see your checked bag allowance there.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: I wish :'(
Where can you see the TK e-ticket?

Since this is the other way around, international TK award booked by ANA - I only can find the ANA e-ticket.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
There is no TK e-ticket if this is an NH award.

The questions in the post are about tickets issued by partners, e.g. UA and ANA for TK flights; not TK awards issued for partner flights.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
You will need to write to TK via the feedback form and attach a copy of your ticket. Ask them to confirm whether the information is correct.

Make sure all communications are done in writing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.